Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I'm going to be in Laurens SC getting my rock sliders this week. Not sure the date yet but I need to be in Nashville on the 29th so it better be Monday or Tuesday. What's your schedule?
I'm off on the 3rd and 4th, on the 10th I'm going in for an alignment, and then I'm free on the 19th and 20th, not sure beyond the 20th. I'm also free today and tomorrow (Tuesday), but I have plans so I can't go anywhere...

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Anything coming of this? Been looking around a lot and not seeing very much activity for the SE region. I'd be interested in meeting up and possible trails, something 2wd friendly.

Darthwj913

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Anything coming of this? Been looking around a lot and not seeing very much activity for the SE region. I'd be interested in meeting up and possible trails, something 2wd friendly.
Ive been looking at this area also. Has any one ventured in around the Bladen Lakes area at all. Looks like alot of sand and trees but not much on the camping aspect sans a really nice campground a Jones lake facility. Coordinates are 34.6885° N, 78.5951° W . Just wanna see something new....Ill have the lift and tires on the new Rig soon(ie tax time) wanna break it in lol

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Doesn't look like it unfortunately...We were meeting up once a month for most of last year, hopefully we'll get that started up again in the next month or so.

Ive been looking at this area also. Has any one ventured in around the Bladen Lakes area at all. Looks like alot of sand and trees but not much on the camping aspect sans a really nice campground a Jones lake facility. Coordinates are 34.6885° N, 78.5951° W . Just wanna see something new....Ill have the lift and tires on the new Rig soon(ie tax time) wanna break it in lol
I haven't been to Jones Lake, or in that region of NC. I'm also planning on using tax monies for a lift, haha.

Darthwj913

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

I haven't been to Jones Lake, or in that region of NC. I'm also planning on using tax monies for a lift, haha.
[/QUOTE]

Love that tax time...Im retiring the WJ you see in my picture. The lack of a V8 really was becoming a burden traveling. Going up 10 mile mountains and having to pull over due to overheating issues when loaded down and lack of power....plus 9mpg unloaded......new rig is a V8 3rd gen Dakota. More light offroading rather than rock crawling.... A small camper is in my future. Kinda thinking lifted popup camper.

MfergCLT

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Max
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Just now joined up and seeing this thread. I'm in Charlotte as well near Southend (technically Sedgefield) would love to get together and see everyone's rigs

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I know we had one last month at the garage shop...but figured not everyone made it out to that. We did the last one in late November or early December at the White Water Center....but it is $6 just to get in and park, so would prefer to avoid that

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Been swamped with work and personal stuff lately. Ill follow the tread and will hopefully be able to make it out. Pretty much got all my vacation days called for for the year already though. Most likely wont be able to do any multi-day trips.

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

I created a Rally Point for a meet-up on Saturday, March 28 at the Blue, Brew & Que Festival in Kenansville NC. Figured it might give some of us a chance to meet other OB members and enjoy some bluegrass music if you wanted to stick around. Just a parking lot type event; don't think there are too many trails out that way. Then we'll have Uwharrie opening its trails on April 1st.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
If you are on FB at all join the group; definitely worth it for info sharing and such. Especially with spring right around the corner I expect more of these to start appearing.
I'm the one person in the country under the age of 85 who's never had a Facebook account. :smile: