Nature Photos

• HTML tutorial

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

These are from quite some time back, but I figured this community would appreciate them. These are a couple hours south of Iquique Chile out in the Atacama desert and into the lowdlands of the Andes. Fantastic place. Learned how to drive stick out there. Sadly I only usually use that skill sometimes in the field.

Driving back from our dig. We had some old nissan (I think?) 4x4s. One of the engines basically gave up the ghost on the way home one day and we had to hike a good 20 miles back to town.

That was a less than happy day.

Buddy hanging out after work.

The road home. That's all dust. It gets a bit dicey at certain points as you get further up. Mudslides shift the road around every year so the road was less a road and more a generally accepted path until you got further up in the mountains.

Took a trip up into the highlands one day, but I seem to have lost most of the shots. Some of it was actually shot on film rather than digital.

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
how did you attach these images? ... via upload or attach via url? I can't get anything to work. thanks --jp
I uploaded them from a forum app called Tapatalk.

-mac

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Took this in Yosemite National Park during one of the snowier days this past winter. This would have been sometime in early January if memory serves me right. The 41 and 120 were both closed all day, as was the 140 for about an hour which basically allowed me to have the entire Valley to myself.
View attachment 21431
That is really nice picture, it is awesome to go when know on else is there.