Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
Just a tip that, hopefully, proves useful:

If you still have the original photo (eg. not a version uploaded to a website like Overland Bound, Instagram, etc) you may be able to extract the geo coordinates from the photo's EXIF data, depending on certain factors like what type of camera you used, do you have EXIF data on/off, etc. If you can get that, its as easy as dumping them into Google Maps.
Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, the picture was taken with a 2005-ish Fuji, so I doubt it has any geolocation capabilities. That camera did take some darn good pictures though for just 4 megapixels. I used it for over 10 years. The Colorado picture was from a 2015 trip.

Psfracer

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Fercho
I am going to a lot of the same places in a couple weeks (Moon Overlook / Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef NP / Valley of the Gods / Monument Valley. How long was the que in order to get into Monument Valley? I heard they only let a 25 cars in at a time for the Monument Valley scenic loop. Last time I was there was in the late 90s and there wasn’t any need for traffic control, I was literally the only one out there.

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am going to a lot of the same places in a couple weeks (Moon Overlook / Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef NP / Valley of the Gods / Monument Valley. How long was the que in order to get into Monument Valley? I heard they only let a 25 cars in at a time for the Monument Valley scenic loop. Last time I was there was in the late 90s and there wasn’t any need for traffic control, I was literally the only one out there.
I had my dad this time round with me and unfortunately we were on a little bit of a timeline so we didn't go all the way to monument valley. However, I was there this past Christmas, I'm sure not as many people as usual, but there wasn't any wait and there were quite a few cars there (well beyond 25) even with it being winter. We did go mid to late afternoon the day we went but there didn't appear to be anyone controlling traffic, again, it's winter, when you go it may be different.