Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Burros, miles apart. The dark ones are from the town of Beatty Nevada, Where they can roam thru the town. The grey ones are also there, but are of a divergent strain. They seem to keep to their stock/family tree, and do not mingle. The dark ones are of a slightly taller and stocky build.

PS....This is right near the ghost town of Ryolite NV. You can come around a corner, and find them on the road.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 195478
Goat Canyon Trestle is worth the hike
========================================================================================================
Love old RR trestles. Being in NV, we had the Virginia and Truckee RR. Made for some great model RR (HO) dioramas. If your ever are passing by Baker City Oregon, You can go where the Sumter RR was . It has been partially resurrected by enthusiasts, and they have a excursion train, similar to what Ely NV has (ghost train), where they run excursions also.

There is a giant WOODEN trestle that can be seen from the road when coming out of Baker City, and into the mountains on the way to Sumter. It is the original and not part of the restoration. Also part of the 'grade' is now under water, created by a reservoir. Similar to the area East of SLC, where the same thing happened.

PS.....The SLC grade was either the Western Pacific or part of the Denver and Rio Grande RR. I can not remember which. The Union Pacific RR bought up both RR;s and consolidated (closed down) parts of both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Road

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Did a quick overnighter out into the Central Wheatbelt Region of Western Australia in the hope of photographing the Supermoon rising above one of my favourite salt lakes; however, due to too much cloud that didn't eventuate.

One the plus side - it was a great overnighter and here are a couple of photos from the trip.

Karl

This old building was the first country Police Station built in Western Australia back in the mid 1800's.

2021-04-27 Architecture - 003-HDR-Edit.jpg

The next two photos are of a rock called 'Shark Mouth Rock' this rock is significant to the people of the Noongar Nation as it was wear young females from outside of the Noongar nation came to learn the ways of the Noongar before they were married to the Noongar men. On the inside roof of the rock is handprints made by blowing red orche onto them and these are the prints of some of those young women and are hundreds, if not 1000s of years old.

2021-04-27 Landscape - 005-Edit.jpg

2021-04-27 Landscape - 007-Edit.jpg

Despite not getting a photographer of the supermoon, the sunrise was a stunner. This lake is normally dry and white (from the salt) but there was a very thin layer (about 5cm) of water across it due to a recent cyclone and the water was like a mirror.

2021-04-28 Landscape - 043-Edit.jpg

If anyone is interested here is a video I made of that trip - I hope you enjoy it.

UnrealMetalTron

Rank I

Member I

Kincardine, ON, Canada
First Name
GARRETT
Last Name
MACKLEM
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Unreal
Here are some of my shots!