Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Nice pictures. I particularly like the one of the Tetons, they're just so awe inspiring.
I’d flown into Jackson Hole a long time ago, but had no time to stop and stare. I had an entire day to kill this last trip.

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I’d flown into Jackson Hole a long time ago, but had no time to stop and stare. I had an entire day to kill this last trip.
That's great that you had a whole day there, but, I think for me that just wouldn't be enough. I haven't been there since I was a kid but the memories are still there.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
That's great that you had a whole day there, but, I think for me that just wouldn't be enough. I haven't been there since I was a kid but the memories are still there.
My trip had been planned around a gathering with friends about 100 miles south. I tacked on a few days to visit Flaming Gorge and Grand Teton. I'm so glad I did.

Reactions: Big G

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Playing with up to 6 or so of my @gofsr @readylight LED pods for fill light to create this image, made well after dark.

pthi-190709-9280-667x1000.jpg
Canoe Camp in New Hampshire

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

La frontera mountains of Chihuahuan desert, formed by great uplifts during the Cenezoic era and Cretaceous period, with peaks ranging almost 8,000 feet above sea level.
These mountains were used extensively by raiding parties from both Mescalero Apache (1700s) and Comanche(1800s).

I made this image last year about this time. I overlooked it originally, though re-discovered it when looking for mountain range horizons to use in the background of a large desert mural I am painting.

I rather like it now, and may print it three-four foot wide.

*bbnp-190223-mtns-horizon-0800.jpg