Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Playing with illustration edits for upcoming Night Sky Photography Workshops I'm offering in far West Texas and southern New Mexico.

This is a single frame image of the Mexican border under the darkest skies in the lower 48, showing that night sky images don't always have to be about the Milky Way.

roaddude_carlightsonriverroad-santanamesa-5821-portraitcrop.JPG

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Some black and whites of ocotillo from my old Canon film camera..

View attachment 137565

View attachment 137568

View attachment 137569
I would love to chat with you, about your use of old school film cameras because I have a Canon A1 and a Pentax, both with some decent lenses but I have all but forgotten about them due to everything having gone DSLR. Or, if you know of an already existing forum on here you could point me to that would be ok. Do you develop all your own photos? Do you still do color or only B and W? Get back to me, if you want to, here or some other way. Thanks.

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

I would love to chat with you, about your use of old school film cameras because I have a Canon A1 and a Pentax, both with some decent lenses but I have all but forgotten about them due to everything having gone DSLR. Or, if you know of an already existing forum on here you could point me to that would be ok. Do you develop all your own photos? Do you still do color or only B and W? Get back to me, if you want to, here or some other way. Thanks.
I use primarily the Canon A1, but I also have a Pentax K1000 and I have a Canon EOS t6 with an adapted Canon FD lens.

I only use a 50mm lens. Lately I've been playing with the new Cinestill film. These shots are using Ilford. My color go to is Fujifilm 400.

I don't developed my own film, there's a local shop in San Diego called Nelson that I've used for ages. They scan my film to CD in high res.

I'm completely self taught. To see more of my work - www.sandiegojoe.com links to my Flickr.

I find that shooting film forces me to slow down and think about the shots. Background, shadows, etc.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I use primarily the Canon A1, but I also have a Pentax K1000 and I have a Canon EOS t6 with an adapted Canon FD lens.

I only use a 50mm lens. Lately I've been playing with the new Cinestill film. These shots are using Ilford. My color go to is Fujifilm 400.

I don't developed my own film, there's a local shop in San Diego called Nelson that I've used for ages. They scan my film to CD in high res.

I'm completely self taught. To see more of my work - www.sandiegojoe.com links to my Flickr.

I find that shooting film forces me to slow down and think about the shots. Background, shadows, etc.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Joe for the information. We used to have a shop here in Grants Pass but it's gone now. I just may start using them again.

Reactions: WAYAWAY

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

Thanks Joe for the information. We used to have a shop here in Grants Pass but it's gone now. I just may start using them again.
Film cameras are a ton of fun.. If you are willing to wait, there are companies that will develop mailed in film rolls. I think the one I use does that.
Really nice people, give them a shout - Contact Nelson Photo Supplies | San Diego CA, 92110

Reactions: Big G