Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Wild Horses near the California-Nevada border.

View attachment 129976
I have seen the small herd that hangs around Death Valley Jct. in the Armagossa Valley area over the years. I always was looking foreword to seeing them when I drove thru the area.

EDIT:
Found this after I originally posted. This is exactly where I have seen them. That is the opera house and hotel in the background at the Jct.
They seem to be well fed, and healthy.

Last edited:

BrassMonkeyAdventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Broad Ripple, Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
J
Member #

I have seen the small herd that hangs around Death Valley Jct. in the Armagossa Valley area over the years. I always was looking foreword to seeing them when I drove thru the area.

EDIT:
Found this after I originally posted. This is exactly where I have seen them. That is the opera house and hotel in the background at the Jct.

I came across them 5-5 years ago at the red rock quarry. The water truck dumps water for them between runs outside of the quarry. Pretty special to see them.
3C5318C9-00D2-4732-83DB-69DDA7506E0C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Desert Runner

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Crooked River Canyon - Central Oregon

View attachment 130666

Lower Deschutes River - Central Oregon

View attachment 130667

Owyhee River - Eastern Oregon

View attachment 130668

No Name Lake @ the top of Broken Top Mountain - Central Oregon

View attachment 130669
Went to the no name lake again this year since the girlfriend wanted to see it. Did you know they've closed access to the lake recently? Too many people abusing the priviledge. They found evidence of human waste in the water :unamused:

• Sad
Reactions: Desert Runner

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Went to the no name lake again this year since the girlfriend wanted to see it. Did you know they've closed access to the lake recently? Too many people abusing the priviledge. They found evidence of human waste in the water :unamused:
My understanding is that it is closed to camping for that reason but you can still hike to it. No surprise to those of us that appreciate and respect nature that a few idiots ruin something amazing again.