Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Took this, surprisingly enough, with an iPhoneX last week while lake canoeing in NH.

It's a Great Blue Heron I've spent a bit of time cultivating a trust level with, gliding up quiet as I can in my canoe.

I've found that if I aim my bow straight at the rock he's on I present a much less threatening profile as I glide in. Then, if i keep my hands inside the width of my body as I raise camera to to make an image, he doesn't see the contrast against the background if I'd put my arms out further, just the same outline.

greatblueheron_8216-900.jpeg

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Took this, surprisingly enough, with an iPhoneX last week while lake canoeing in NH.

It's a Great Blue Heron I've spent a bit of time cultivating a trust level with, gliding up quiet as I can in my canoe.

I've found that if I aim my bow straight at the rock he's on I present a much less threatening profile as I glide in. Then, if i keep my hands inside the width of my body as I raise camera to to make an image, he doesn't see the contrast against the background if I'd put my arms out further, just the same outline.

View attachment 106563
Great picture

Reactions: Road and JButtress