Nature Photos

• HTML tutorial

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Great shots everyone!

Earlier this summer, we drove just about 1,900 miles around Iceland in 11 days in a Toyota Prado. The vista everywhere was just so phenomenal and the pictures turned out great, despite my average photo taking skills. Byways there are to die for. I even did my first rivers crossings whilst making my way to Landmanalauger.
I really like the sense of scale in your photos. The lighting in that shot of the moon is great too!

Reactions: SpiritRaven

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Antelope Island on the Great Salt Lake, Utah.

Looking out at White Rock Bay.

On the eastern side of the island looking towards Ogden/Layton UT.

Bison are everywhere on Antelope Island. I was trying to slowly creep past this group and this cow and calf were not amused. They actually stepped into the middle of the road from the side and were acting as road guards while the rest of the herd kept moving along. I was stuck here by myself for 5 minutes waiting for them to move.

Bridger Bay at sunset

Sunset on the Great Salt Lake

Ended up spending a couple of nights camping out on Bridger Bay Campground on Antelope Island.

Just because we're living out of the truck doesn't mean we have to live like peasants. Sousvide ribeye for dinner.

Of course the little dude gets his share.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I was hating I-80 on the way to Idaho, kept getting highway hypnosis on it requiring constant rest stops. I decided to take the long slow way home from Utah Route 50. The "loneliest road in America" lived up to its name.

Honestly had no idea there was a National Park out here until I saw the signs. Decided to drop in for a bit.

The fast climb gave me altitude sickness. Started getting light-headed around 8500 feet. Made it to the Wheeler Peak trailhead then turned right back around and raced down the hill because I felt like crap.

And back on Route 50.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Wanted to camp in Alabama Hills but got there an hour after sunset. Really didn't want to be driving around offroad in the dark on unfamiliar trails so grabbed a motel room in Lone Pine for the night and decided to explore Alabama Hills at sunrise.

Driving north on 395 to Sonora Pass I see a sign for Manzanar Historic Site. Decided to take the auto tour. Having grown up with the horror stories (from my mom and dad who experience it in person) of what the Japanese did to Filipinos and Americans during WW2, I tended to be blase about the ordeals the Japanese-Americans suffered in that same period. This place got me teary-eyed thinking of the injustice the internees went through. It wasn’t quite the despair and desperation I felt visiting Dachau, and the Japanese somehow made beauty out of the bleakness of that high desert with their gardens and ponds, but it still had that haunted feeling of suffering and loneliness.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Wanted to camp in Alabama Hills but got there an hour after sunset. Really didn't want to be driving around offroad in the dark on unfamiliar trails so grabbed a motel room in Lone Pine for the night and decided to explore Alabama Hills at sunrise.

Driving north on 395 to Sonora Pass I see a sign for Manzanar Historic Site. Decided to take the auto tour. Having grown up with the horror stories (from my mom and dad who experience it in person) of what the Japanese did to Filipinos and Americans during WW2, I tended to be blase about the ordeals the Japanese-Americans suffered in that same period. This place got me teary-eyed thinking of the injustice the internees went through. It wasn’t quite the despair and desperation I felt visiting Dachau, and the Japanese somehow made beauty out of the bleakness of that high desert with their gardens and ponds, but it still had that haunted feeling of suffering and loneliness.

Nice shots. I was amazed touring this place and didn't realize this happened until high school history studies in Bangkok. Glad we have a memorial to what happened then as a reminder of what Governments are sometimes forced to do during wartime.