Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

We live pretty close to here. Within an hour. We go up to the Glory Hole area quite a bit. So very amazing. There is a great burger joint called the Ozone Burger Barn in Ozone which is about 10 miles southwest of there and on the way from I-40. Awesome burgers. Best in the state I think if you happen to go back that way. Also just north of the Glory Hole is where they imported all of the elk from Colorado. Town called Ponca. Great place to vist and see the animals.
I think we drove by there when we made our rounds. We just drove around with no real rhyme or reason. We saw the monster mart (a sasquatch gas station), glory hole, we ran across a random Tyson chicken farm that looked abandoned, a old deserted town, and some old retaining walls along the river that was part of a gold mining set up I think. And a really cool spot where we could overlook the ozarks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

spoonible

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southern CA
Member #

I frequent coastal Newport Beach a lot and do a lot of photography at the place called Crystal Cove which is a CA State Park. Being so close to the beach I’d be missing out if I didn’t do a lot of coastal photography. Not overlanding but a drive drive down PCH is beautiful most of the time. I’m getting out to Joshua Tree next week for some photography and will post those as well