National Park Week: National Parks are Fee Free All Week!

• HTML tutorial

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Get outside! I saw this on REI's website.

The National Park Service turns 100 years old in 2016 and wants everyone to celebrate! All national parks will waive their entrance fees on 16 special days in 2016. The 16 entrance fee-free days for 2016 will be: January 18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; April 16 through 24 - National Park Week; August 25 through 28 - National Park Service Birthday (and following weekend); September 24 - National Public Lands Day; November 11 - Veterans Day. "Fee-free days provide an extra incentive to visit a national park, especially during next year's centennial celebration," said National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis. "We added extra fee-free days so that everyone has a chance to join the party. With locations in every state, finding a national park is easy. The hard part might be deciding which ones to visit."

Reactions: Mike G

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Awesome! I already have all of my centennial gear!

Reactions: Crispy

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Awesome! I already have all of my centennial gear!
Mine came today!

Plus, as of last September, I qualify for the senior lifetime pass. It costs $10, and I can get into any national park, monument, preserve, etc. for the rest of my life at no cost to me or anyone in the car (or up to four people for walk-in attractions.) So far, I've saved $220 in fees.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Mine came today!

Plus, as of last September, I qualify for the senior lifetime pass. It costs $10, and I can get into any national park, monument, preserve, etc. for the rest of my life at no cost to me or anyone in the car (or up to four people for walk-in attractions.) So far, I've saved $220 in fees.
I can't seem to find where to order this.
@Steve

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mine came today!

@Steve,do.you.have.a.link.for.the.application?

Reactions: rixham