Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

We are going to windrock Memorial day weekend. Reserved site 23 for Saturday night which is off the main drag near bathhouse which is less than ideal...may move to more remote overflow site depending on what's available. Just wanted to make sure we had something reserved. Anyone want to join let me know.

BLKcalibra

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Fermin-Robbins
Happy to meet up for some light trailing. Current rig is stock, so can't do anything too crazy. In Gallatin, but willing to make a trek to wherever.

Reactions: Theo

BLKcalibra

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Fermin-Robbins
There is a Facebook group called Middle Tennessee Overlanders. I will be in Kingston Springs on Friday. Let's hit some trails after the ban is lifted May 1st!
I check out the Middle Tennessee Overlanders page and it looks like it hasn't been active in quite some time. The last post was back in 2017

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

We are leaving Nashville around 0630 Saturday morning. Sticking to mostly green and a few blue trails, lots of sightseeing. Of anyone wants to join let us know...

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
We are leaving Nashville around 0630 Saturday morning. Sticking to mostly green and a few blue trails, lots of sightseeing. Of anyone wants to join let us know...
We're going to be at the lake for memorial day. Hope y'all have fun and we'll try to do Windrock next time.

Reactions: jferngeek

Cdw4n

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
W
Sounds great! We are out of town now, but, looking to explore some more places. Where are you going?

Reactions: Theo

PA Chuck D

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville, TN
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Drury
Member #

I'm up in Clarksville. My rig is in the shop, I don't know when I'm getting it back and I have to work this weekend. I would like to link up sometime and meet some like-minded people. Anyone ever set up a Rally Point around middle TN?

WillMiller

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Miller
Hello everybody, I am new to this overland stuff and and just found this group, are you all still active? I would love to get with you guys and pick your brains about different gear and set ups.
You’re right up there by land of the lakes. There is Turkey Bay OHV park and tons of service roads that snake all through the area, and you can get dispersed camping permits for $10 that’s good for 3 days. You can camp just about anywhere in the area

PA Chuck D

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville, TN
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Drury
Member #

You’re right up there by land of the lakes. There is Turkey Bay OHV park and tons of service roads that snake all through the area, and you can get dispersed camping permits for $10 that’s good for 3 days. You can camp just about anywhere in the area
$30 will get you a Annual permit for the dispersed camping. I'v been out twice this year for a couple of quick overnighters. I had to cleanse my soul!!!

Colt Mansfield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

Great info to know, what kinda gear do you all run? RTT, cook systems, and the like...
While we all love gear, don’t get too hung up on it. You don’t *need* to spend several grand to overland. If you can car camp and have 4-wheel drive you can overland. I sleep in a ground tent that suits me just fine...use a cooler instead of a pricey fridge...and use the classic Coleman 2-burner stove for cooking.

Reactions: NashvilleKara

Colt Mansfield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

I spent most of my Sunday exploring the eastern side of Land Between the Lakes just north of the KY border. I’m trying to work out a good path for a weekend trip that will include fun trails but still be doable in stock rigs while finding campsites that will fit several rugs as well. When I work it out, I’ll throw out an invitation to you all on here.

38870603-1B4B-4A3C-9C3F-CAA36D0BABF9.png

WillMiller

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Miller
I spent most of my Sunday exploring the eastern side of Land Between the Lakes just north of the KY border. I’m trying to work out a good path for a weekend trip that will include fun trails but still be doable in stock rigs while finding campsites that will fit several rugs as well. When I work it out, I’ll throw out an invitation to you all on here.

View attachment 159494
This sounds great! When I was up there two weeks ago I did most of the trails on the west side of the TN portion. I’d love to see the rest