Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
Sorry for the late notice, between work and everything got to take it when you can. We will head up early 11.22 (Friday) wheel all day and camp (cabin if weather really sucks). If anyone wants to head up with us or met up there Friday or Saturday let me know.
Theo, will you place this on the OB Calendar? I think you can still modify it if your days change.

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ok, I can't figure out how to put it on the calendar...
Hey Theo I tried to link the forum where one of the members are showing how to add to the calendar events. However I couldn’t. if you type in the search option “how to use Calendar” it will pop up with one of two options in the bottom and showed me the steps to add things to the calendar hope this helps

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tried the link, told me I had to be a member...i am a member and signed in. Oh well.
Send an email to one of the site managers when you get time. I know this site is cumbersome at times and quirky at others...

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tried the link, told me I had to be a member...i am a member and signed in. Oh well.
Hey, hope you have a great trip to NEast TN this next week. I will not be making the trip up there. I have been looking/hunting for an AT overland Summit bedcap. The place is located just above Atlanta GA and there is a group of OB members having a small meetup. This will allow me to meet some fellow GA members and check out this AT Summit.

Reactions: Theo

Mojay101

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Mo
Member #

Just South in Brentwood. Looking for any trails close by for some opportunity to get out and see more of this area! Looking forward to learning from many of you!

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just South in Brentwood. Looking for any trails close by for some opportunity to get out and see more of this area! Looking forward to learning from many of you!
Ha just south of Music City? Well shucks......At least you are on the south side of that place. Just messin.....
Glad to see the post and desire.
For wheeling around plenty head to LBL, but there is a place close to you called "The Dirt Devil" runs around in a loop. Can't say how the roads are but I plan on driving that loop next year. It would be great to get the Nashville group involved, anyone for that matter.
Here is a photo of the loop.

Attachments

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
Welcome @Mojay101 ! I'm in Nashville proper and there are quite a few other members in the area.

I drove the Dirt Devil a few years ago and it's a nice scenic drive. Make sure you stay on public roads (the entire route is) and out of the creeks.

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I'll be in Nashville Jan 30- Feb 2 and head back to Winston Salem NC. Any recommendations on where to wheel? My wife will be there for training and staying in hotel so day trips but she will fly out on the second so I'll camp an the way home.
Thanks

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Anyone getting out between Christmas and New Years?
Hello, I'm not getting out due to awaiting a 1997 LC to be delivered. But you are close to an area called "Dirt Devil" close to Hwy 840.
Hopefully, you will be able to run that one. A couple of the Nashville group have driven it. Natches Trace area.
I have attached the location.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Looks like we may head down Friday after Christmas and tent or bunkhouse depending on rain. Hope to head out early Friday from Nashville. Anyone want to head down or meet up let me know.

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I would love too but have a prior engagement. One of these days I am going to hook up with you and hit that area. I have been looking at a week-long trip this summer.
I am looking at doing the Kentucky run in the Daniel Boone Park.
Here is the area, and if anyone wants to make the run with me let me know and we can start planning a road trip. Attached is the GPS of the route to look over if you like.
Here is a Link: http://annessky.net/kat/
GPX viewer

Attachments

Reactions: Theo

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name