Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

Hey everyone, I am trying to plan a little camping trip with my girlfriend for a couple weeks from now. Are there any good primitive campgrounds that you don't have to pay for around Tims Ford Lake? Or anywhere somewhat close to the Nashville area?
Land Between the Lakes is a great spot. We’re trying to put together a trip for the fall there. But since you can camp right on the water’s edge it’s great for summer too.

andybelles

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Belles
Land Between the Lakes is a great spot. We’re trying to put together a trip for the fall there. But since you can camp right on the water’s edge it’s great for summer too.
Thanks for the response Colt. Are there good camp sites around Land Between the Lakes that I can find pretty easily that aren't regular paid spots that I can just park and throw up a tent?

Colt Mansfield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

Thanks for the response Colt. Are there good camp sites around Land Between the Lakes that I can find pretty easily that aren't regular paid spots that I can just park and throw up a tent?
I have two bookmarked:

End of Rd 392
36.543526, -88.028691

End of Byrd Bay Rd
36.572944, -88.016806

Google maps will get you there.

Do note that it’s “dispersed” camping which means that you can find legit solitude, but also there won’t be *any* amenities. No toilets, showers, water, etc. Bring all the water you’d need or a way to filter lake water. Also bring toilet paper and a way to bury it or pack it out.

andybelles

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Belles
I have two bookmarked:

End of Rd 392
36.543526, -88.028691

End of Byrd Bay Rd
36.572944, -88.016806

Do note that it’s “dispersed” camping which means that you can find legit solitude, but also there won’t be *any* amenities. No toilets, showers, water, etc. Bring all the water you’d need or a way to filter lake water. Also bring toilet paper and a way to bury it or pack it out.
That is exactly what I’m looking for. I appreciate the help

Reactions: Colt Mansfield

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I have two bookmarked:

End of Rd 392
36.543526, -88.028691

End of Byrd Bay Rd
36.572944, -88.016806

Also don’t forget to purchase a dispersed permit from the LBL website. I typically purchase the annual so I don’t have to worry about when I want to head up.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We are going to 14-ner fest in Buena Vista, CO at end of September.

Let's try 2nd weekend in October?

Reactions: Theo

GoneJeepin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Middle TN
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
McDavid
New member checking in. Live in Macon county near the KY line. Used to live in Hermitage but getting to crowded for our liking.

Used to ride Windrock, Pickett and LBL a few times a year each. As well as other places. Been a while since we've been out due to life.
Anyway looking forward meeting up with some of y'all and shifting in 4wd.

Reactions: AreWeThereYet

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
New member checking in. Live in Macon county near the KY line. Used to live in Hermitage but getting to crowded for our liking.....
Great to have ya on board. Not to hijack the thread but how long ago did you move out of Hermitage? I moved out of there last year back to Fayetteville TN just for that very reason, well retired back to this area. I am also a new member with hopes/plans to become a regular into the woods. Hope to meet you at our Sept meetup.

GoneJeepin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Middle TN
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
McDavid
Great to have ya on board. Not to hijack the thread but how long ago did you move out of Hermitage? I moved out of there last year back to Fayetteville TN just for that very reason, well retired back to this area. I am also a new member with hopes/plans to become a regular into the woods. Hope to meet you at our Sept meetup.
We bought our new place late last summer. Moved up here full time in November.
We looked for almost a year before we found one my wife I both liked. LOL.
Congratulations on retiring!!!
I’m semi retired.

I need to look at the dates again but I think we will be in VA helping my in laws catch up on heavy farm stuff.
But I will make a meet up soon if not the September one.

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

My wife and I are heading up to windrock labor day weekend. Camping Saturday night. I realize it's short notice, but if anyone wants to meet up we'll be there.

Reactions: Dave_brez

Micheal369

Rank III
Launch Member

Builder I

Lebanon, TN, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRUN860
Welcome Michael, not far off from me here in Mt. Juliet. Any trails you ride in the area?
Unfortunately, no. I've only gotten into offroading in the last couple of years and most of that is with a side by side.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Leaving Nashville Saturday morning for windrock, reserved campsite 25 but may be at overflow site down the road if one looks better. Red amigo, should have cell service if anyone hears up that way.

Reactions: Dave_brez