My trailer build

• HTML tutorial

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Yes it goes up and down about 18" if I want it that high. I'm using gas struts to do the lifting, each on will pick up around 75- 100 lbs all combined it should pick up 300 - 400 lbs all together. I'll try to get pics up soon. As for the suspension they are timbren axle-less trailer suspension they are working great. Trailer empty on a forest service road and no bouncing . It rides smoother than my jeep. I have the heavy duty 3500 lbs with brakes,

This is the suspension with out. The spindle

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Very nice build! That's a much larger trailer then I've got but I'm a minimalist trying to force my wife to carry less stuff with us when we travel so I did that on purpose (shhh don't tell her that).
I built this as a dual purpose trailer. I only have a jeep and a vw jetta so went I need a pickup the rack comes off the trailer and I haul stuff for the yard or other projects with it other wise it would have been a bit smaller. There will also be 2 Kayaks hanging from the rack as well

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Still though very nice. I also have mine setup for dual-purpose use.
Thanks so much
I built this as a dual purpose trailer. I only have a jeep and a vw jetta so went I need a pickup the rack comes off the trailer and I haul stuff for the yard or other projects with it other wise it would have been a bit smaller. There will also be 2 Kayaks hanging from the rack as well

Al_Maryland

Rank 0

Contributor II

TO the OP. What brand of Rock Guard did you use? Was it a spray on or brush on? I absolutely love your trailer build. I'm trying to get some ideas from this site for my build. Also, what is the reason for the fenders to intrude into the bed area? I was just wondering because it would probably be easier to load items into the bed if it was just flat all the way around the inside of the bed.

Reactions: ranicotra

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

TO the OP. What brand of Rock Guard did you use? Was it a spray on or brush on? I absolutely love your trailer build. I'm trying to get some ideas from this site for my build. Also, what is the reason for the fenders to intrude into the bed area? I was just wondering because it would probably be easier to load items into the bed if it was just flat all the way around the inside of the bed.
It was paintable rock Gard sprayed on with a shucks gun then I rolled flat black tremcad over it to seal it up. The reason for the fenders and side steps is for putting up and down the tent as well as while camping the one side is part of the counter for the kitchen. There's 49" between the wheel wells so I can still carry ply wood. The main body and the track width is the same as my jeep so if the Jeep fits through the trail so will the trailer

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Al_Maryland