My trailer build

• HTML tutorial

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Got the rtt rack and the. Plywood on the inside next step is build something to cook on and pick up the tent later this month
Unfortunately the tent will be later than I hoped as they were out of stock of the one I wanted. So waiting until October for the shipment to come in

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Love the trailer your building!! My RTT is on a rack on the back of my truck right now but looking into building a trailer soon. Got some questions what GA metal did you use for the sides and did you make the bends or have someone do it and what is the height to the top of the rack thanks in advance

Reactions: Sam Wedzinga

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Love the trailer your building!! My RTT is on a rack on the back of my truck right now but looking into building a trailer soon. Got some questions what GA metal did you use for the sides and did you make the bends or have someone do it and what is the height to the top of the rack thanks in advance
Thank you
The sheet metal is 18ga. I drew up the plans and had a local shop press brake for me, if I had the use of a brake I would have done it myself. The box Demensions are 50x90x18 plus 8" of fender on both sides

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

The rack is adjustable the lowest point it's it's about 36" the highest 52" but I will mostly be using it at 48" that's hight enough that I can walk under the tent and the awning once I get it made

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
The rack is adjustable the lowest point it's it's about 36" the highest 52" but I will mostly be using it at 48" that's hight enough that I can walk under the tent and the awning once I get it made
I have a CVT Mt Denali tent plus my awning so I don't think I'll be able to adjust mine. Do you have plans for battery's and solar. I've been looking for a couple months at other builds and yours is by far the closest to what I would like to do. I under stand the plywood I've got a 6x10 that's wood floor and my 20' car hauler is wood also

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

I have a CVT Mt Denali tent plus my awning so I don't think I'll be able to adjust mine. Do you have plans for battery's and solar. I've been looking for a couple months at other builds and yours is by far the closest to what I would like to do. I under stand the plywood I've got a 6x10 that's wood floor and my 20' car hauler is wood also
You could adjust it I'm using 4 gas struts to assist in the lifting. Each will have about 75lbs lifting power. You just have to figure out what everything weighs and order the struts for that. Where are you located?? There is a strut supplier in the town I live so I got lucky he is custom building mine

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

Yes it will have 2 6volt deep cycle , later down the road probably a 100 watt panel. I want to get the fridge before that. I will be getting a 40gal. water tank underneath and an insta hot water heater for the wife

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I'm in Kings Mountain NC it's 40 mins from Charlotte. My tent and awing is 300lbs plus the rack so I'm looking at 350lbs. How did you make your rack adjust? Why are you going 6volt and not 12? Sorry for all the questions most of the builds I find are years old and can't get ahold of the builder or they won't respond

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

I'm in Kings Mountain NC it's 40 mins from Charlotte. My tent and awing is 300lbs plus the rack so I'm looking at 350lbs. How did you make your rack adjust? Why are you going 6volt and not 12? Sorry for all the questions most of the builds I find are years old and can't get ahold of the builder or they won't respond
6 volt in series is 12 volts but the 6vt will last longer than a single 12vt. For the posts for the rack are 2x1x1/8 wall and I had some 10ga formed for the outer posts. Take a look a the xventure trailer. This is what I based my build on

Reactions: mylilpwny