Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have positive and negative terminal blocks. My feed in from my vehicle, output from the Genius, output from the solar, battery as well as the circuit breaker feeding power to the interior fuse panel all connect there. This gives me a way to ad or remove items easily. Pretty much all the outputs are tied. I have circuit breakers on the solar output, feed into the trailer fuse block and on the vehicle to trailer feed. The last one is on a panel in the rear of my vehicle. The vehicle has a breaker on both ends of that feed.

When I calculated it out, the Genius should have been enough to also run my fridge. Unfortunately it doesn't. I'm going to run another feed to my 110 plug for that. The fridge will detect 110 and auto switch over.

The solar converter is a 100 volt/30 amp. I have quick disconnects from the panel on the roof. My last trip was in he forest and I had to run a remote panel. I hop up on the side and connect my extension cord to my second panel. When I do this, I tie them in series. The output from a 12 volt panel is around 18 volts. This makes my total voltage to the controller around 30(ish) volts. The issue with adding in a panel with a long cord is loss. The higher voltage pretty much negates that. If I needed/wanted to I could run a series of panels this way as long as I don't go over 100 volts @ 30 amps.