My Suburban is my go to travel and camping vehicle

• HTML tutorial

John iowa

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Des Moines, IA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kc0ram
I've been thinking i should pick up a late 90s 4 door tahoe. Would be a sweet, affordable alternative to a new 4runner.
I really enjoy this platform. Lots of space for everyone and all the stuff without things hanging off. We load up with everything we need for a week

John iowa

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Des Moines, IA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kc0ram
I've been thinking i should pick up a late 90s 4 door tahoe. Would be a sweet, affordable alternative to a new 4runner.
There are not a lot of single track trails here in Iowa, so full frame vehicles are not at a disadvantage here. I enjoy the storage capacity of the suburban.

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

???

I just stumbled onto this thread. I liked the Yakima Slim Shady. The Radio mount. It all seemed like it was going somewhere. I'm a big fan of the K5 Blazer, considered an 07-13 Tahoe, and recently bought a double cab Sierra and put a cap on it. Both similar to the Suburban in a way...I was so looking forward to seeing more of this.

Let us know what you get and what you do to it

Reactions: Sparksalot

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I am also a huge fan of the Suburban, I have a 1990 2500 4x4 and it is great. I have so much room for stuff, I don't even know what to use all the empty space for. And with 3/4 ton suspension, weight is never an issue.
Suburbans are a reasonably priced (Used) Overlander that is very capable and will go almost anywhere the adventurist traveler wants to go.