Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

I ordered my Jeep back on 14Oct and took delivery 24 March My upgrade list will grow as I update, for fun my son and I will also be adding more photos of the build and adventures on Instagram (@that_punkn_diesel) if you wish to follow along I welcome any feedback there as well.

This build will be done with my oldest son with occasional help from my 4yr and 2yr old. My goal for this build is to just have fun and spend time with my boys

Let me know what you guys think if you have any suggestions or comments. This has been a long time coming and I am really excited to build and go on new adventures with my family. This is my first off road vehicle and First JEEP. There are a lot of people here with far greater knowledge than me and I welcome any advice. My goal here is to go as slow as possible and find the best items that fit my style of off-roading and Overlanding.

Original Order Specs

• JLU Rubicon
  • Punk’n Orange
  • 3.0L Eco Diesel
  • Auto
  • Steel Bumpers
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Safety Group
  • Infotainment Group
  • Tow Group
  • Body Color Fenders
  • Black Hard top
  • Dark Saddle Leather Interior
69CFA6D7-820A-4F44-9F5F-0F5B559226EA.jpg67B8215F-567E-4C2E-8305-6EF6C35E5430.jpgIMG_3262.jpg

Upgrades So far :

Recovery

Wheels/Suspension:

Armor

Accessories:

Lighting:

Communications:
  • Garmin inreach Mini
  • Baofeng 5w Hand Held (I do not have my license yet but I am enjoying learning and listening in and finding frequencies. I plan to get my license as soon as this COVID blows over)

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

About a month ago I took my son on his 8th grade NYC/DC trip. He elected for me to take him rather than go with his class. It was an absolute blast and we made it out of there right as they were locking and closing everything down. We got a Rental in NYC that we drove to Gettysburg, Philly and DC and back to NYC and was given a JL sport. It was nice but I noticed on the drive that the Jeeps didn’t have a Dead pedal and after long drives it was really bothering me. So when I got home I ordered one immediately.

FFFEF3A0-43D0-4DC3-B114-5FADBE6ED8FF.jpeg497EFD7B-D03D-40C8-A57D-45DF90EE7CFF.jpeg
The instructions were simple and easy but damn this easy mod was a Pain in the ass to install. Getting my hands and the bracket into place in the tiny little areas wasn’t fun. Not to mention the seat rail was jamming me in my ribs the whole time.

Reactions: RoarinRow

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Great foundation. How are you liking the Eco Diesel? This is the direction I may go but in a Gladiator instead. Unless AEV does a hemi swap Gladiator... I am very very happy in my 2017 JKU auto. It has done everything I ahve thrown at it.

Reactions: CWu21

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

I am loving it so far, with this stay home order I still have yet to go through one full tank of gas. I am hoping I can get out with it more and more. On a side note. I really love the diesel sound. In the cab when driving it isn't loud and obnoxious. Currently, with 35's, I am getting about 23mpgs. If they up the towing capacity on the diesel for the Gladiator that would be very very interesting and I might consider getting rid of my Silverado for one.

Reactions: USStrongman

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

It has been a while since I updated this. Many things have changed. I decided to go with a Metalcloak Game changer 2.5” lift. The new stance on it is awesome. The ride on the street is comfortable and smooth and off road it has handled any obstacles that I have put in front of it.

Attachments

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Jeep looks great. I have some questions if you don’t mind. How are you liking the MC suspension? Did regear or recalibrate speedo for the 35’s(I have 35” pats currently and love them) How well do the littles fit in the backseat? I can’t/don’t go anywhere without my 2 boys. I’m on the fence about jl ecodiesel ,Ram 1500 diesel or wait for Gladiator with ecodiesel.
Thanks

Reactions: CWu21

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

Jeep looks great. I have some questions if you don’t mind. How are you liking the MC suspension? Did regear or recalibrate speedo for the 35’s(I have 35” pats currently and love them) How well do the littles fit in the backseat? I can’t/don’t go anywhere without my 2 boys. I’m on the fence about jl ecodiesel ,Ram 1500 diesel or wait for Gladiator with ecodiesel.
Thanks
Sorry for the Delayed response. I Love my MC suspension. I have done some pretty crazy stuff with just 2.5'' and 35's. I haven't re-geared but used the Tazer to adjust my tire size. Littles fit just fine in their car seats, no issues. They still have the bigger car seats so they feel the need to put their feet on the back of my seat. The only Issue I run into is having my 15yr old with me. When its full family he has to really squeeze inbetween those car seats.. their isnt much room

Reactions: Justin Forrest

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

It has been a while since I have updated this I will try to get caught up. After my wheels and suspension I had my 3yr old help me install new Fog lights. I have the LED package on my JEEP and the stock LED fogs are good but these BAJA design squadron Pro's are 100 times better.

Attachments

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

I had my 3yr old help me get the Outback Adventures tailgate table installed. I love this table. mainly because of the extended cutting board. That extra space is awesome when out on the trail making lunches or just getting things set out.

C93A5BEF-A4EB-45A0-B3F9-1D24D9463331_1_105_c.jpeg9CCBB413-E9FE-4C2F-BB19-AD6A828CD11C_1_105_c.jpeg
A1793C25-57E2-4DDF-A625-6AB41325D7A8_1_105_c.jpeg

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

Here is a better look at the 67designs JL rail system. I dont like things cluttered and love how this keeps me having to dig for my phone or other devices.

E5287146-2002-4C87-8211-B9196EB23CA1_1_105_c.jpeg223648EB-9FBE-4823-92F8-58FD247C6118_1_105_c.jpeg

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

Back in June of last year AFe reached out to me to use my Jeep for proto typing a CAI and exhaust system for the new Eco Diesel. Since I was living in SD it was a pretty easy drive up to Corona and lend them my Jeep for a bit. After quite a few months of testing and going back n forth I got the proto type CA and Exhaust installed. I am still waiting for the Production Model to be finally released. Side note: My Jeep was used for their product photos otheir website. :grin:

E1C587E2-545D-4BBE-A942-CEF8072D2888_1_105_c.jpeg
7B8D371E-3A86-4A6A-88E0-FB6FAC37DCE4_1_105_c.jpeg

Attachments