Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

7AF03DC3-22B7-4A9D-B59C-4AFE4808424D.jpeg 3ABD892F-F84B-4B8E-B28D-A5A5F34DD88A.jpeg 0171FA90-460C-4C31-9AD1-227E6900FC18.jpeg Sitting at a red light on my way home from work a few days before Christmas and got rear ended by a knucklehead who wasn’t paying attention. Plowed into me at about 50mph without ever touching the brakes. (Please don’t text and drive people). Luckily no one was hurt and the only casualties were his car, my truck, and some damage to a real nice BMW in front of me. The insurance totaled my truck but on the bright side I managed to pick up a brand new 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab to replace my beloved 2017 Bighorn.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
For the speed he hit you, there's actually very little damage. It goes to show you how well modern vehicles absorb impact. Glad to hear everyone was ok.

Scott

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
We should have a little funeral for it.. Sorry to hear about the loss of your truck, but thankfully no one was harmed and hopefully the distracted driver gets whats coming to them.

I have to admit I was a little confused at the first pic.. I was like "thats all it takes to total a ram?!" then I scrolled down a little more and was like. Oh... OH! Ok.

So, whatcha buying next?

Reactions: MazeVX

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 80979 View attachment 80980 View attachment 80981 Sitting at a red light on my way home from work a few days before Christmas and got rear ended by a knucklehead who wasn’t paying attention. Plowed into me at about 50mph without ever touching the brakes. (Please don’t text and drive people). Luckily no one was hurt and the only casualties were his car, my truck, and some damage to a real nice BMW in front of me. The insurance totaled my truck but on the bright side I managed to pick up a brand new 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab to replace my beloved 2017 Bighorn.
Glad everyone was ok and walked away. Yay for the new truck. It's a shame that being on a phone takes so much priority over our lives.

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

The truck did what she was supposed to do and absorbed the impacts. The frame was bent which is what made her a total loss. Adjuster advised over $21,000 in just parts alone if she were to be fixed. Including a new frame and all new parts. Don’t think she’d have ever been the same if they fixed her.

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

Another sad part was I forgot to grab my Overland Bound emblem before they hauled her away for good. Sigh, I’ll be ordering a new one soon enough.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Glad you are ok. The truck can and has been replaced but not the person in it.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I am not sure I could have let the culprit leave without injury.

They certainly would not have left with a functional cell phone.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I wrecked my ram 1500 in sept. It took em 2.5 months to put it back together. Got it back and sucker was rattling and squeaking like no bodys busniess! Sold it after the new year! Not fun experiences but hopefully was replaced. I owed to much on mine to total it