My poor truck is totaled at Christmas. | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

My poor truck is totaled at Christmas.

Discussion in 'General Overland Discussion' started by Trbanks, Jan 5, 2019.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Trbanks

Trbanks Rank I

Member #:

Map
    7AF03DC3-22B7-4A9D-B59C-4AFE4808424D.jpeg 3ABD892F-F84B-4B8E-B28D-A5A5F34DD88A.jpeg 0171FA90-460C-4C31-9AD1-227E6900FC18.jpeg Sitting at a red light on my way home from work a few days before Christmas and got rear ended by a knucklehead who wasn’t paying attention. Plowed into me at about 50mph without ever touching the brakes. (Please don’t text and drive people). Luckily no one was hurt and the only casualties were his car, my truck, and some damage to a real nice BMW in front of me. The insurance totaled my truck but on the bright side I managed to pick up a brand new 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab to replace my beloved 2017 Bighorn.

RickLB, MazeVX and Chadlyb like this.
  2. smritte

smritte Rank III

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KO6BI
    Map
    For the speed he hit you, there's actually very little damage. It goes to show you how well modern vehicles absorb impact. Glad to hear everyone was ok.

Scott

3. Plasmajab

Plasmajab Rank II

Ham Callsign:
    VA3IRA
    Map
    We should have a little funeral for it.. Sorry to hear about the loss of your truck, but thankfully no one was harmed and hopefully the distracted driver gets whats coming to them.

I have to admit I was a little confused at the first pic.. I was like "thats all it takes to total a ram?!" then I scrolled down a little more and was like. Oh... OH! Ok.

So, whatcha buying next?

MazeVX likes this.
  4. smritte

smritte Rank III

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KO6BI
    Map
    #4 smritte, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Heh, I did the same thing. Then scrolled down.

Scott

Graeman likes this.
  5. Chadlyb

Chadlyb Rank V
    Member Supporter

Member #:

Map
    Glad everyone was ok and walked away. Yay for the new truck. It's a shame that being on a phone takes so much priority over our lives.

6. Trbanks

Trbanks Rank I

Member #:

Map
    The truck did what she was supposed to do and absorbed the impacts. The frame was bent which is what made her a total loss. Adjuster advised over $21,000 in just parts alone if she were to be fixed. Including a new frame and all new parts. Don’t think she’d have ever been the same if they fixed her.

7. Trbanks

Trbanks Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Another sad part was I forgot to grab my Overland Bound emblem before they hauled her away for good. Sigh, I’ll be ordering a new one soon enough.

8. trailhunter

trailhunter Rank I

Map
    Same here

9. RickLB

RickLB Rank II

Member #:

Map
    Glad you are ok. The truck can and has been replaced but not the person in it.

10. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    Glad you are ok! Really sucks about your truck.. though glad you managed to replace it already with something nice!

11. Rusty Spur Overland

Member #:

Map
    Again, glad to hear nobody was hurt. We really grow attached to out trucks...

12. Anak

Anak Rank III

Map
    I am not sure I could have let the culprit leave without injury.

They certainly would not have left with a functional cell phone.

13. Blackmtnram

Blackmtnram Rank V

Member #:

Map
    I wrecked my ram 1500 in sept. It took em 2.5 months to put it back together. Got it back and sucker was rattling and squeaking like no bodys busniess! Sold it after the new year! Not fun experiences but hopefully was replaced. I owed to much on mine to total it