My own private overland recreation area build.

• HTML tutorial

kilby

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rox Park Colorado
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Kilby
Member #

Most people buy Corvettes or plastic surgery for their midlife crisis. I bought some land. Raw, undeveloped, kind-of-far-away scrubland somewhere south of Wyoming.
Can I do a build thread on making my own little area for "overland related activities?"

There's no camping without a proper fire ring. Step one, create a proper fire ring.

Step 1a:
See if the old wagon trail is passable.

Step 1b:
Get 'er up there to the first nice spot I pinned when I first walked around out here and construct said fire ring using some of the numerous pieces of ancient volcanic rubble scattered around the hillsides.

Night Number 1 complete. Hello, sunrise!

kilby

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rox Park Colorado
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Kilby
Member #

My Infrastructure Development Board is considering a few conveniences that may or may not be added. Wells and cisterns are possible. It's 38 acres which puts me in a favorable zoning situation should I decide to have a well dug. I'd like to keep it pretty low key though.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Been looking in Northern NM and southern CO for the same thing, but not finding a lot in my price range (too many projects) that have any real elevation change. Congrats. How many acres did you wind up with?

Reactions: kilby

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Most people buy Corvettes or plastic surgery for their midlife crisis. I bought some land. Raw, undeveloped, kind-of-far-away scrubland somewhere south of Wyoming.
Can I do a build thread on making my own little area for "overland related activities?"

There's no camping without a proper fire ring. Step one, create a proper fire ring.

Step 1a:
See if the old wagon trail is passable.

Step 1b:
Get 'er up there to the first nice spot I pinned when I first walked around out here and construct said fire ring using some of the numerous pieces of ancient volcanic rubble scattered around the hillsides.

Night Number 1 complete. Hello, sunrise!

Nice stretch of land. And those old GMT400 series trucks sure do well, dont they?

Reactions: DarnellC and kilby

kilby

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rox Park Colorado
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Kilby
Member #

Nice stretch of land. And those old GMT400 series trucks sure do well, dont they?

Yeah man, I've practically rebuilt this thing since I got it a couple years ago. But it's so simple and reliable. I wanted something that had barn doors, could haul a metric shit ton of shit, AND get parts for it on a Sunday in BFE if the gods require it. So that left the GMT400 platform. Upgrading her shocks was the best bang for the buck so far. And dual batteries.

Reactions: Broke and Anak