Enthusiast I

Ellijay, Gilmer County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Hello everyone,

Just got my first vehicle really suitable for Overlanding. I got a 2018 4Runner SR5. Right now it’s pretty much stock. So I’m looking for advise on best first mods. Of course I’m going to do wheels but I don’t really want the TRD. So any suggestions would be great. Even before that I want to do the headlights. So please share what to look at and what to avoid.

Attachments

JSearles562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Potsdam, NY, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Searles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2SOC
Hey man, welcome to the 4R family. I picked up a 2017 SR5 back in the spring and I've done a healthy amount of mods to it. I keep my thread pretty up to date and I'll link to it below. When I bought mine I made a list of mods and prioritized them on paper and that helped me get things organized. I knew from a decade of building out emergency response vehicles that going back to add, change or trouble shoot electrical accessories is a royal PITA after the fact. If accessories like lights, radios, fridge, compressor or anything that runs on 12v is in the future for your build, I highly recommend solidifying a dual battery setup and/or power distribution first. Its not a sexy mod that you can show your friends, but you'll be happy you did. A pretty solid first lighting mod are the BAJA fog lights. They're a simple plug and play so no power distribution is needed and they elevate your night driving game 10 fold. Anyways. If there's anything i can help you with feel free to ask.