First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
Windows 10
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Adguard disabled for OB & OB Forums on both browsers)
I've saved every configuration in privacy settings of Mark My Position on Map and Randomise My Location.
In Map Tools I've searched for my username, set a radius filter and searched, and manually searched, and
used Map Filters to reduce the data burden. Nothing seems to put me on the map.
Interesting to Note: While checking map functionality I set a Radius filter and clicked Map Message,
a new browser page opened reading "Access Denied - Securi Website Firewall" (screenshot attached).

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Windows 10
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Adguard disabled for OB & OB Forums on both browsers)
I've saved every configuration in privacy settings of Mark My Position on Map and Randomise My Location.
In Map Tools I've searched for my username, set a radius filter and searched, and manually searched, and
Interesting to Note: While checking map functionality I set a Radius filter and clicked Map Message,
a new browser page opened reading "Access Denied - Securi Website Firewall" (screenshot attached).
@Michael

Reactions: KA7USA

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Windows 10
I do NOT see you on the map. I looked at your account and it is OK. I could probably fix it but I'm not gonna :D i'm going to give it to our developers and see whats going on. @Chadlyb thank you for bringing it to my attention!

• Haha
Reactions: Chadlyb and KA7USA

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Ah, I wasn't looking there. It's off by about 15 miles. No big deal, thank you sir.
Hey Eric, it's actually designed that way so no one can actually pinpoint your property or location exactly. It's for privacy and security reasons that @Michael designed into the program. Just in case someone happened to know you were out of town and things of that nature. It won't ever exactly pinpoint you.

Tex.Proud

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
I don't show up either. Type my username in the search box and it doesn't show.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Since I have more than one test case, I'm going to attempt to fix your account and see if i know the issue. Stand by.
Ah, your location is "East Texas" which does not resolve in our map system. "Houston, TX" would however. If you edit your location in account details, you will show up (it takes a day).

M

Reactions: KA7USA

KA7USA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
I do NOT see you on the map. I looked at your account and it is OK. I could probably fix it but I'm not gonna :D i'm going to give it to our developers and see whats going on. @Chadlyb thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Michael,

It's fixed! I'm on the map, and in Search Member box. I checked Map Message and it seems to be fixed as well. Testing of various radius filter sizes and looks like 100 recipients is the limit. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
(Larger radius with more recipients opens the Access Denied firewall page linked in my op.)

Thanks!

John