Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
Well I just pulled the trigger on my overland rig. It's a 2004 Land Rover discovery 2. It has 135,000km on it so about 83,000 miles.

It will need an alignment, the leaver for the center diff is hard to move and will need to be lubed up or something. The hight and low works great. It has some scratches here and there, and it looks like someone drove under a garage door that was too low and scratched the top, just at the back end, but other then that nothing is needed right now. The head casket was changed as per the owner. I was planning on modding it as soon as I got it but I think I will wait. I will spend some time with the stock version, see where we end up going and what I really want/need.

Here are some pics.

I will be keeping a little list here of what needs to be done and what has been done to the vehicle, also a little list of my overland gear. If you are curious you can go through the list but this is mostly so I can keep track.

High Priority Maintenance

Replace O2 sensors --> 7/31/2019
Allignement —> 7/31/2019
Fix 3 amigos

Low Priority Maintenance

Fix fuel latch
Change air filter

Cosmetic Upgrade

Fix headliner
Repaint fender flares
Buy rubber mats

Overland Gear

Water Jerry Can - 5 Gallon
Utility Rope
Coleman Naptha 431 Stove
Plano Case
Tarp
USB car charger

Tool Box

Dewalt 1/2 impact wrench
Viair 88p compressor
iCarsoft scanner
Wrench kit
Tire repair kit
JB Weld
Hammer
Axe
Oil
WD40

Last edited:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Well I just pulled the trigger on my overland rig. It's a 2004 Land Rover discovery 2. It has 135,000km on it so about 83,000 miles.

It will need an alignment, the leaver for the center diff is hard to move and will need to be lubed up or something. The hight and low works great. It has some scratches here and there, and it looks like someone drove under a garage door that was too low and scratched the top, just at the back end, but other then that nothing is needed right now. The head casket was changed as per the owner. I was planning on modding it as soon as I got it but I think I will wait. I will spend some time with the stock version, see where we end up going and what I really want/need.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 106769
View attachment 106770
View attachment 106756
Looks very clean, and low mileage too.
Enjoy !!

Reactions: Blaklyte

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Sorry but i have to ask. Whats the point of covering your license plate? Ill bet more shady people see it on the road everyday than would on here. Unless someone physically stole it there isnt much we can do with it. We can find way more info on you just following your ip address by posting on the internet.

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
Is the color called white gold ? It looks just like mine.
No, the color is actually Vienna Green.

Sorry but i have to ask. Whats the point of covering your license plate? Ill bet more shady people see it on the road everyday than would on here. Unless someone physically stole it there isnt much we can do with it. We can find way more info on you just following your ip address by posting on the internet.
To be honest it's because of the GF, I originally posted pictures showing the license plate. She saw me post the pictures and for some reason thought that posting the pictures with the license plate was not safe. I told here that it didn't matter but it was still bothering here, so I just did it to actually put her mind at ease. I will probably post more pictures soon without my dirty finger in there. :P

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

To be honest it's because of the GF, I originally posted pictures showing the license plate. She saw me post the pictures and for some reason thought that posting the pictures with the license plate was not safe. I told here that it didn't matter but it was still bothering here, so I just did it to actually put her mind at ease. I will probably post more pictures soon without my dirty finger in there. :P
Got ya.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I've often wondered the same thing. We can't hide our license plate from the general public that we encounter on a daily basis yet I see more posted pics with the license plate blurred than not. Are these people in witness protection or am I missing something?

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
I've often wondered the same thing. We can't hide our license plate from the general public that we encounter on a daily basis yet I see more posted pics with the license plate blurred than not. Are these people in witness protection or am I missing something?
I’m not sure, I’m guessing that they think people can find their address using the license plate. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Sorry but i have to ask. Whats the point of covering your license plate? Ill bet more shady people see it on the road everyday than would on here. Unless someone physically stole it there isn't much we can do with it. We can find way more info on you just following your ip address by posting on the internet.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing but I'm in trouble enough on the forum from making simple remarks like that.
Someone always takes me wrong.

Ha ha, that'll change after a few years of disagreement over those simple disagreements. Be brave, post um !