My F150 overland/work truck build

• HTML tutorial

FiddyOverland17179

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

Looks nice! We outfitted our F150 last April. Can’t begin to tell you how many head turns we get. We’ve taken her from Washington to Florida and back this past year and people love her. She’s also our number one videos on our YT channel. Love to see more F150 mods as we are building out our galley next.
I watch you guys all the time!!!! Loved the rig build videos. You guys rock!

Reactions: Pau Hana Travels

FiddyOverland17179

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

What cab rack are you running? That's my next mod I want to do for my spare and Jerry cans. Planning on driving coast to coast Vancouver to tuktoyuktuk next year and need the space for gas.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Where did the bumper come from?
Hi, the bumper is from Warn and the model is the Ascent. I love this thing, it’s burly. It is also the only one I could find where I did not have to relocate the inter cooler. I went with a 12,000lb Warn VR12s winch. I ordered it off Amazon!

FiddyOverland17179

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

Hi, the bumper is from Warn and the model is the Ascent. I love this thing, it’s burly. It is also the only one I could find where I did not have to relocate the inter cooler. I went with a 12,000lb Warn VR12s winch. I ordered it off Amazon!
Wuuuuttt! What year is your fifty? Does it just bolt onto the frame or did you have to weld?

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Wuuuuttt! What year is your fifty? Does it just bolt onto the frame or did you have to weld?
It is a 2018. It is a bolt on, but it was quite a job. Took me 7 hours! But I had to relocate the adaptive cruise control module. Had a do a little tweaking along the way :)

FiddyOverland17179

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

It is a 2018. It is a bolt on, but it was quite a job. Took me 7 hours! But I had to relocate the adaptive cruise control module. Had a do a little tweaking along the way :)
That's sick! Just checked it out on warns website, unfortunately for me they only make for 2015+ and I'm a 14. Few options online but I would have went with a reputable company like warn if they made it for my model. Ah well such is life.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

That's sick! Just checked it out on warns website, unfortunately for me they only make for 2015+ and I'm a 14. Few options online but I would have went with a reputable company like warn if they made it for my model. Ah well such is life.
Oh man, that sucks!

Pau Hana Travels

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA
Member #

I have a Silverado 2500 HD. Glad to see full size trucks. The F150 with the cap does that have any supports to hold the tent on top? Sorry I’m very new here
The cap we purchased is made by Snugtop and has a reinforced fiberglass roof to accommodate the heavier loads as well as factory installed roof tracks. I believe it's the Sportsman package upgrade.

Pau Hana Travels

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA
Member #

What cab rack are you running? That's my next mod I want to do for my spare and Jerry cans. Planning on driving coast to coast Vancouver to tuktoyuktuk next year and need the space for gas.
For the cab rack, I had to install the roof tracks my self. Nothing like drilling holes into your steel top. From there we went with the Rhino Racks Elevation platform on Rhino Racks towers. The setup is very tough and works well for the spare tire and traxs.

Reactions: FiddyOverland17179

FiddyOverland17179

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

For the cab rack, I had to install the roof tracks my self. Nothing like drilling holes into your steel top. From there we went with the Rhino Racks Elevation platform on Rhino Racks towers. The setup is very tough and works well for the spare tire and traxs.
Oh yeah I watched that video of you drilling the holes. Think I'd rather have someone else doing that for me as I know I would mess it up somehow. I'll check out that rack though. Thanks

Reactions: Pau Hana Travels

Rambin Fever Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pennsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Looks nice! We outfitted our F150 last April. Can’t begin to tell you how many head turns we get. We’ve taken her from Washington to Florida and back this past year and people love her. She’s also our number one videos on our YT channel. Love to see more F150 mods as we are building out our galley next.
I found the youtube videos on your truck very informative. They helped me form the plans I have for Ruby, my '16 F-150!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Another F-150 guy here, built my own rack on top of my Diamondback cover out of Superstruts and 1/2" stainless hardware. I have the rack, just no RTT yet, saving up for it now!

RTT Rack Build 2.jpgRTT Rack Build Traction Boards Mounted.jpg

Reactions: Ncat and JCWages