• HTML tutorial

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Figured I may as well start a build thread on my 1989 GMC Suburban. I bought it for $1500 w/ 119k miles, full power (except tailgate), A/C, etc. I have another old Suburban that is rusted to the point of junk, but I'm taking all the good parts off it and installing them on this one.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Here is how she looks right now. I just got my Dana 60 back with 4:88's and a crossover steering. I need to install my lift, the Dana 60 and 14-Bolt w/ disk and detroit, the crossover steering. Then I need to install the rear bumper and build dual swing outs for a spare tire and fuel/water cans.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Coming along good. This was the vehicle all my childhood vacations happened it. Good times for sure.

firecraft13

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Waco, Texas, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Hickman
Member #

I'll definitely be keeping track of how your build goes. I've got a 86 V10 (350 engine 4x4 package) suburban I've got plans for also.
I do have a quick question though. Are you running an aftermarket transmission, and if yes which one? I'm already having to replace my third transmission in about four years.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I like it, I am also a square body fan. I will be posting my 90 Suburban build here soon.
I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Reactions: cashs_k5_garage