My 1989 Suburban | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

My 1989 Suburban

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Figured I may as well start a build thread on my 1989 GMC Suburban. I bought it for $1500 w/ 119k miles, full power (except tailgate), A/C, etc. I have another old Suburban that is rusted to the point of junk, but I'm taking all the good parts off it and installing them on this one.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Here is how she looks right now. I just got my Dana 60 back with 4:88's and a crossover steering. I need to install my lift, the Dana 60 and 14-Bolt w/ disk and detroit, the crossover steering. Then I need to install the rear bumper and build dual swing outs for a spare tire and fuel/water cans.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Coming along good. This was the vehicle all my childhood vacations happened it. Good times for sure.

firecraft13

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Waco, Texas, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Hickman
Member #

I'll definitely be keeping track of how your build goes. I've got a 86 V10 (350 engine 4x4 package) suburban I've got plans for also.
I do have a quick question though. Are you running an aftermarket transmission, and if yes which one? I'm already having to replace my third transmission in about four years.

oldmopars

Rank V

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I like it, I am also a square body fan. I will be posting my 90 Suburban build here soon.
I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Reactions: cashs_k5_garage