Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Three day Mojave Road trip.......and for the real adventurers out there, I'll be going right back out into the Mojave Preserve for another 2-4 days and staying hopefully, in my favorite cabin out there (assuming no one beats me there). So for those who only want to do the main three day trip, we'll finish in Afton Canyon.

For anyone coming from the Las Vegas Valley, rally point is Findlay Toyota

Anyone coming from AZ or CA meeting point will be the Smiths on Aztec Road in Fort Mohave, AZ.

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Darn it!!!! I can’t go!!!. Daughter is getting married that weekend

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

No worries, I do another trip Every Easter weekend. You're more than welcome to come out then. April 7-9 2023.....plus extra days at cabins afterwards. Thanks for looking, and congrats on the wedding!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

No worries, I do another trip Every Easter weekend. You're more than welcome to come out then. April 7-9 2023.....plus extra days at cabins afterwards. Thanks for looking, and congrats on the wedding!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Again, this is a Three Day trip through time and lots of History!! Oh.......and a lot of wasted, tore the hell up roads this year!! I'm also Not the guy who is going from Point A to Point B and trip is over, I like to take people to different parts of the Mojave Preserve that the typical Mojave Road guide usually does Not do!!

MEET UP POINT IS THE SMITHS FOOD KING IN FORT MOHAVE, AZ on September 16 2022 around 10-11:00 am......WHERE WE CAN GET GAS (WAY WAY WAY WAY CHEAPER THAN IN Commiefornia, and pick up any last minute items before going back over the River to the trail head!!
MEET UP POINT FOR ANYONE JOINING ME FROM Las Vegas IS FINDLAY TOYOTA 7733 Eastgate Road Henderson, NV..........then we head to Fort Mohave to meet up with whomever else coming from elsewhere.

ADDITIONALLY, AFTER WE'RE DONE WITH THE MOJAVE ROAD ON SUNDAY, I'M GOING BACK OUT INTO THE PRESERVE AND GRABBING A CABIN FOR A FEW EXTRA DAYS OF RELAXING AND MORE EXPLORING!!

Must haves.........1: WATER, 2: WATER, 3: WATER, 4; EXTRA GAS!!!! (THERE ARE NO GAS STATIONS WHERE WE'LL BE) 5: FOOD, CAMPING GEAR OF COURSE (CHAIRS, TABLES, STOVE/BBQ, ETC)........ 6: DRINKS (WHISKEY, BEER, COKES, ETC......) AND A PLACE TO SLEEP (RTT, REGULAR GOUND TENT, ETC......)................OH, AND WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

MEAL TIMES, OTHER THAN LUNCH, ARE PRETTY MUCH A COMMUNAL THING, WHERE EVERYONE BRINGS SOMETHING AND COOKS AND EVERYONE CAN HAVE A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING........WE NEVER GO HUNGRY ON MY TRIPS, ALWAYS HAVE LEFTOVERS!! COMMUNAL MEALS ARE BREAKFAST AND DINNER, AND FOR LUNCH......EVERYONE IS ON THEIR OWN AS IT WILL BE SOMEWHERE ALONG THE TRAIL.
FOR THOSE OF YOU YOU WITH ICE CHESTS.........YOU MAY WANT TO INVEST IN A FRIDGE/FREEZER.......AS ICE MELTS IN THE DESERT AND FOOD GOES BAD AND THERE ARE NO COSTCO'S, WALMARTS, 7'11's OR ANY PLACE ELSE TO GET ICE!! I'VE GOT THREE BUT ONLY HAVE ROOM FOR TWO! LOL!! YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY A PRETTY DECENT SIZE FRIDGE FOR NOT MUCH $$ IF YOU GO WITH AN OFF BRAND, OR SPEND THE $$$$$ AND HAVE ONE THAT WILL LAST FOREVER!! MY ENGEL MT-60 (64 QT) IS 18-19 YEARS OLD, ALWAYS ON 24/7 AND ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING IN IT!!! AND THAT'S WHY THAT MODEL COST $1900.00......AS THEY'LL LITERALLY LAST FOREVER.....BUT AGAIN, FOR A FEW HUNDRED, YOU CAN GET A DECENT FREEZER ON AMAZON OR WALMART.COM.

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I will put it on my calendar now. Thanks!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Reactions: mwilson920

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Wow, no one wants to go? Temperatures will drop by next week.......should be more normal temps by the 16th!! And the price of GAS has gone down quite a bit, so it's somewhat affordable to fuel up for a trip now as well!! So I'm confused.......about the lack of participation, but I'll get over it, as I don't really care at this point......I'll be there and that's what really matters!!! Lol!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Oh yeah..........there's a little problem with the roads out there again!!! Good thing I know how to get into the park!!! If anyone wants to show up, feel free to chime in. Because of all of the flooding from a week or so ago, and the new flooding they're going to get early next week.......I think I'm going to change up my plans.......as there's going to be a lot of navigating washed roads all over the park, should be fun!!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

So yeah.....seeing that All roads in and out of the park are technically Closed........pretty much so is this Rally point thread. I'm still going out, but seeing that Soda Lake is impassable, and we'd have to do road repairs on the Paiute pass going over into the Lanfair Valley.......Technically, The Mojave Road is kind of closed. I and one or two others may try and go over the Paiute Pass anyway, just going to bring some tools and what not to try and make it through there, if not......take the Bypass road further west. Or, Nipton Road to the Railroad trail and head up Ivanpah. But, it should be a nice relaxing trip, as no need to hurry to beat anyone else to my favorite camp spots.......as no one else will be there!!! Lol! But, if anyone else wants to meet out there on Old Government Road for a little road fixing attempt on Friday, chime in, otherwise.......this is closed.

Contributor III

First Name
Rafael’s
Last Name
Hernandez
Anybody know if it is open now? I don’t see anything that says closed. Also anybody know water depth at crossing?

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

It’s open. The Paiute (Old ATT Cable Road/Old Government Road May still be closed, but you can take the bypass. There’s been no crazy rain like in July-august and Sept, so I’m sure Soda Lake should be open. Always call the NPS Rangers in Barstow for updated road info.