Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Heres the truck the day i picked it up. Its a 2001 tacoma double cab sr5 trd. The build will be used to pull my gatortail mud boat and be my base camp while out in public land hunting and just enjoying the outdoors with my wife and kids.20190411_183829.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KHoltzen and Ghost

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

After the wash job decided to remove the plastic bed liner since it was showing signs of rust on top of the bed rails. When i removed the bed liner i had about a fifty cent piece sized hole rusted thru the bed. . So after a little cutting and grinding. I welded some plates top and bottom over the hole. Then off to have a spray in bed liner put in. 20190514_104433.jpg

Reactions: Ghost

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Sweet platform! Do you plan on putting the shell back on or will you go a different route for the bed?

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Sweet platform! Do you plan on putting the shell back on or will you go a different route for the bed?
Right now i plan to leave it off and run a tool box but i haven't sold it yet because im not a 100% on my decision. I like it off for waterfowl hunting because its easier to get to the decoys and other stuff i need in the back of the bed. Plus it makes it easier to spray out after the hunt.

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Right now i plan to leave it off and run a tool box but i haven't sold it yet because im not a 100% on my decision. I like it off for waterfowl hunting because its easier to get to the decoys and other stuff i need in the back of the bed. Plus it makes it easier to spray out after the hunt.
Cool. I'm toying with the idea of a hard shell but do like the convenience of the open bed. I currently have a roll up soft tonneau and enjoy it but want something more secure. I'm looking at the diamond back covers, they're pretty sweet.

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Cool. I'm toying with the idea of a hard shell but do like the convenience of the open bed. I currently have a roll up soft tonneau and enjoy it but want something more secure. I'm looking at the diamond back covers, they're pretty sweet.
Yea a guy on you tube llod or last line of defense has one on his tacoma and they are definitely rugged. Check out his YouTube if your looking for a review on the diamond back.

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Did some suspension work this time i was off. Front got ome, spc adjustable control arms, and diff spacer. Rear got progressive add a leaf pack with ome. But while doing the suspension found my rack and pinion is getting weak so that will probably be my next project.20190617_083119.jpg20190617_083208.jpg20190617_171118.jpg

Reactions: Coop17510 and Rd62

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Well my rack and pinion, inner and outter tie rods, and poly bushings didnt make it in in time for me to get them installed this time. The ole hunting taco did turn 200k though so gave it a oil change.IMG_20190718_095328_661.jpg

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Got the new rack & pinion and tierods installed this trip. Man what a difference in the driveability of the truck. That rack and those tierods was definitely shot.20190812_160636.jpg