Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Got my rock lights or as we call them in East Texas stump lights installed.
Good bit of light. Please tell me why you light up the underside of the truck. I see a lot of rigs here that do it but I'm wondering why you lite the underside instead of the top sides.

Reactions: Hunting_Taco

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Got my rock lights or as we call them in East Texas stump lights installed.
Good bit of light. Please tell me why you light up the underside of the truck. I see a lot of rigs here that do it but I'm wondering why you lite the underside instead of the top sides.
Rock lights are used to see approach angles while on a trail in low light. I will be using them to squeeze between trees and also to see my approach angles on washed out and busted concrete boat ramps while launching my mud boat to duck hunt. Last year we used a ramp so bad it gashed both trailers tires and drug my license plate and brake lights off my trailer. Next time I’m out at some of the sketch places we launch the boat like off a damn or in a bayou in national forest I’ll try to get a pic so you can see how they can be useful. Another thing is if you have swivel mounted lights that are directional you can use them to see what is broke or make a repair.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Rock lights are used to see approach angles while on a trail in low light. I will be using them to squeeze between trees and also to see my approach angles on washed out and busted concrete boat ramps while launching my mud boat to duck hunt. Last year we used a ramp so bad it gashed both trailers tires and drug my license plate and brake lights off my trailer. Next time I’m out at some of the sketch places we launch the boat like off a damn or in a bayou in national forest I’ll try to get a pic so you can see how they can be useful. Another thing is if you have swivel mounted lights that are directional you can use them to see what is broke or make a repair.
Thanks, I'd like to see those pics to better understand their use.

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Well after a big headache with the Offroad shop I ordered my bumper from it finally made it in. Got my old bumper off pretty easy. Time to start the install on the low pro trail gear bumper and smittybilt 10k winch.

Attachments

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Little bit different angle so you can see how it lined up. Also forgot to mention I done away with my windshield wiper reservoir for now until I can relocate a smaller one under the hood. This cleaned up a lot of the over hang from the fender wells.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Little bit different angle so you can see how it lined up. Also forgot to mention I done away with my windshield wiper reservoir for now until I can relocate a smaller one under the hood. This cleaned up a lot of the over hang from the fender wells.
That bumper is perfect and cool as hell.

Reactions: Hunting_Taco