Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I'm running BFG KM2's. On my 3rd set right now. I've had a few different brands of AT's before switching to the MT, and have stuck with the KM2. The KM3's are starting to be tested out in the wild by non-BFG folks. I haven't seen a release date for the public, but am curious to see what's new for this new generation of tire. I also hope they continue making my size, 255/85/R16. It's gone in and out of production over the last few years. Damn Jeeps going to 17" wheels cut into the 16" market.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Here's a previous discussion: What are the absolute best mud tires?

Also depends on your vehicle. In the case of AT tires, there were not KO2s that fit my Outback, so I went with Geolandar A/T-S tires. Lots of good info in the Q&A forums for you to peruse (which is where I'm moving this thread.)

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I only have 1500 miles on my Milestar Patagonia 285/75r16s, but I am very happy with them. Only the faintest low-frequency hum starting at 45-50mph, but I have had louder commuter tires on sedans so I am extremely happy with them.

They also balanced well with something like 5oz per tire.

I have only been out twice with them, mostly packed and loose sand and dirt, but even in 2WD they would slowly dig their way through the deep sand when I tried.

Going to put them on the wife's 4Runner TRDP as well.

Oh, I got them for $650 for the set.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I will qualify this statement by admitting I run DuraTracs, which are not a true MT but they work well in everything except sticky mud (which most mud is...). The friends I have that run MTs have had great success with and heavily recommend the Toyo MT. They have excellent grip, shed mud well and are quiet on the road.

Here is a size comparison photo with 265/75-16, 255/85-16 and 285/75-16.265-255-285 Toyo Mt.jpg

Reactions: 1derer

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

dick cepek extreme country are my favorite save a few $ over the KMs and they have more of an interlocking tread in the middle, noise is low (for an MT) and I like how they handle and wear.

Reactions: TnK1

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

I've got BFG Mud Terrain KM2. I'm gonna be stepping up to 35's for the next set. It's either these or Maxxis Trep Radials.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TnK1

300WMTUCK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roseville
Member #

I've always had great performance from BFG Mud's. This was the first I've heard of the KM3's being tested. Gotta go see if I can find any write-ups on them.