Mud flaps or no mud flaps?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Kilo Sierra

Rank IV

Advocate II

Rochester, NH, USA
Member #

Mudflaps are fine for mild offroading where you're taking dirt trails/tracks where you're not too worried about getting hung up. If you're doing anything technical you risk pulling them off.

I had rears on my X for years (Rallysport not the rigid OEM ones) and I loved them. Travelling on logging roads, trails, and water they did really well. As soon as I hit my first challenging trail I got hung up on some rocks and slid back and pulled one off. Decided it wasn't worth putting them back on again.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Influencer I

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Removed mine when i got bushwhacker flares. I have more problem with rock being flung off other vehicles hitting me than my own fling off.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

I decided to not put on the mud flaps. Yesterday while I was off and double checked to see the fit of the flaps and they appeared to be slightly off. I still could have used them, just make my own holes, but the way the flaps where made with the hard plastic it wasn't going to look right. So no go for now.