Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Don't let these Subaru's catch you slipping on the trail!

Garden State Overland has teamed up with MtnRoo Northeast as well as Team Subie Snails for a meet and greet as well as a trail ride, rain or shine, on Sunday, August 26, 2018. We will be heading off into the woods around the Delaware Water Gap National Recreational Area. We will be meeting in the Shoprite in Montague Township, NJ and will be taking off at 9:30 AM. There are multiple gas stations, a Dunkin' Donuts, and a grocery store, so load up on water, food, and gas, because this will be an all day affair!

A healthy reminder that WE represent this community and need to be on our best behavior. No littering, hooning, or deviating from the marked trails.

We look forward to seeing everybody out there!

View Rally Point

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
There’s nothing that says there is. I think it’s jjst a bunch of Subaru’s and some overlanders getting together for a trail ride

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
This isn't limited to Subarus, is it?

Garden state overland is part of it so I’m assuming it’s some different rigs. I’m bringing a new body style jeep cherokee. Someone else who rsvp’d, his picture is an older 4Runner

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Hello my name is chris
New to the group
Is there an entry fee
Sorry for the late response, No entry fee!

This isn't limited to Subarus, is it?
@theorangekl said it right, it happens to be two other Subaru groups, and I happen to have a Subaru, but it is definitely not just Subarus. I was trying to pair it up with a local Jeep group but they had their own even in the Pine Barrens on this date. I hope to link up with them in the future though

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

Looks like I'll most likely be able to make this! It's a 2h45m drive so I'll head down the night before.

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Looks like I'll most likely be able to make this! It's a 2h45m drive so I'll head down the night before.
Its about a two hour drive for me, and I live in Jersey! but yes, come! I have already heard from a few other people and it is looking like the vehicle count is reaching up to 30 or so

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Its about a two hour drive for me, and I live in Jersey! but yes, come! I have already heard from a few other people and it is looking like the vehicle count is reaching up to 30 or so
30 all together or 30 from OB?

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
30 all together. I think we have 4 confirms from OB and 5 maybes. And then there are more confirms from Garden State Overland. Mix that with the numbers from the other two groups and we're going to have a great turn out
This is sounding awesome. I’m excited. See you there!

Reactions: Ian McAdorey

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

For those that are traveling from South-to-North, I will be stopping at the Wawa in Parsippany right off of I-280 where it meets up with I-80. I will be there around 7:15-7:30 to get some food and load up the cooler for the day. Hard departure time of 7:50 from the Wawa to make it up to the Shoprite by 9AM.

350 New Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

As we are approaching the 36 Hour Mark from our departure time, please keep in mind of your kit and what you are going to need to bring with you Sunday.

Plenty of us will be ready for recovery, but we cannot recover you if you do not have the proper mounting points; there is no remorse if you get stuck and didn’t supply yourself with a way to get out. With that said, I would put this at the top of your list of things to bring along with water.

We will be in the Shoprite parking lot, so get your drinks and get your food for the day. There will be a few stopping points for photos and vistas. Enjoy yourself and enjoy the stops. Grab some water or a quick snack before we get back on the road again.

You do not need a radio. Coms will help communicate and laugh at other drivers, but don’t feel like you need to go buy and install a CB system overnight. I personally will have Cobra walkie-talkies and hopefully, a temp CB setup installed so I can relay information on both channels (CB - 16; Walkie - Channel 2).

Account for 3 hours on the trail. Some of us will stay a little later for more action. If that is something that interests you, ask around and see who is participating.

If you have any additional questions, throw them in the comments below and I will provide you with the best answer possible. I look forward to seeing everyone out there this Sunday!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
What type of terrain should we expect? I’m ready and prepared for anything but I’m just curious. Iv never been to that area.

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Just want to take a quick minute to thank those who were able to make it out yesterday. I know I had a great time and learned a lot about the area and the trails, especially after a moment of being slightly displaced from the rest of the group. I look forward to seeing you guys in the future with more events to come through Garden State Overland