US West Mormon Emigrant Trail Snow Day *if there’s snow!

• HTML tutorial

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Just when I got used to the idea of seeing you again, you bail on us Dave. Honestly, you will be missed! we were both looking forward to hanging again. Next time for sure!!! Tony if you need any assistance please do let us know, we are good at managing chaos and more than willing to help. We to will be meeting up with the group in pollock as it just logistically makes since for us. Ray it looks like there are quite a few people from the Bay Area so I’d assume there will still be a meet up at McDonald’s. It should be another unpredictable trip but that’s what makes it fun/relaxing/informative/overlanding?? See you guys there.

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
And maybe consider chains if you’ve got them. Or is that cheating?
No, please bring them. Less work for me. Lol. Depending on the conditions, there’s a couple downhills where I’ve thrown them on to not deal with slipping and sliding. Doesn’t hurt to have and I always carry them when going to the snow.

Reactions: Sputnik and BCMoto

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Just wanted to see if people are meeting in pleasanton or pollock pines on sat?

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Im coming from the SF area and im debating where to meet everyone but maybe just meet at pollock pines, anyone else from this area?

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
For those going on Saturday take some good photos if you have to do recoveries. Sunday March 14th we have our monthly meet up at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (1-3pm) and it seems like good timing to talk about recovery options and share experiences you had. I’m going to pull out recovery boards and also demonstrate safety steps for winching.

Reactions: Ray O and WilC

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
I just saw this and fingers crossed I can find a way to meet up with yall since I'm in EDH to begin with, (so would meet in Pollock Pines).

USFS Snow Map shows not much snow (or fresh snow), however I was at 42 Stone Creek on 3/5 and buried it - so the snow was.... fun. (Traction boards and shovels worked well)

1615357102288.png
1615357165605.png

Nikosan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Peninsula/Pollock Pines
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Snowing in Pollock Pines now. Live Cam next to Safeway. Will be Sunny Thursday and Friday though

Reactions: PapaDave

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Officially 'Going' - I'm rolling from near Prairie City SVRA to meet up in Pollock Pines. Anyone coming from this region?

I've never done the MET before and this truck is pretty new to the trails (my experience is mostly Gambler rallies and private hillsides, some SVRAs); I'd like OB and Trail Veterans to chime in; how worried should I be? haha

The rig I'm bringing is a '19 Ram Rebel, stock Duratrac 31"s, "Off Road" pkg = skid plates, rear locker, 4Low.

I'll keep reading up on tips for the trail, looking forward to the run!

Last edited:

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Officially 'Going' - I'm rolling from near Prairie City SVRA to meet up in Pollock Pines. Anyone coming from this region?

I've never done the MET before and this truck is pretty new to the trails (my experience is mostly Gambler rallies and private hillsides, some SVRAs); I'd like OB and Trail Veterans to chime in; how worried should I be? haha

The rig I'm bringing is a '19 Ram Rebel, stock Duratrac 31"s, "Off Road" pkg = skid plates, rear locker, 4Low.

I'll keep reading up on tips for the trail, looking forward to the run!
Safety in numbers. You'll be fine.

MET also is an attraction so I would guess its going to have trails in the new snow before we get there.

Reactions: TheRebelTesh

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Safety in numbers. You'll be fine.
MET also is an attraction so I would guess its going to have trails in the new snow before we get there.
Right on - I was thinking the same and after checking out some YT videos of recent trekkers, it's pretty tame (and probably easier than Sand Flat trails I hit last weekend)

Reactions: Neuvik