US West Mormon Emigrant Trail Snow Day *if there’s snow!

• HTML tutorial

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
I already need to cancel.

I signed up, went to add it to the calendar and it is the day after my 2nd flu shot. The first shot left me feeling "off" so it is more than likely the 2nd will not have me in any mood to bang around in the cold.

Bummer as I have all this new gear - winch, ropes, etc. MaxTrax due in Monday. It would be a great opportunity to play with it, or at least watch someone else play with theirs ;-p

Reactions: PapaDave

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Sweet! In for now.. I might have a work trip that _might_ get pushed up before this, but thats still a bit of unknown.

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Thanks for admitting me!

Is it cool if I meet yall at waypoint 2? Otherwise would be a lot of backtracking for me haha.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

its full but i want to get on a waitlist

Ray O

Rank VI

Traveler III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Oyarzun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NQE
Wow missed it again can you please put us on the wait list too!!!

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Hey, wait. How did I get on the not going list? I missed getting on the going list so how can I be cancelled? Dan I hate using the internet on a phone. I just want to get on the waiting list. Thanks Dave.

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
@PapaDave - I'd like to join the trip if there's room. Put me on the waiting list please! The wife and all three girls will come along too. Thank you and hope to see you all soon on the trail!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That’s no real hard limit so plan to come. At this point I am concerned there may not be snow though.

Reactions: r2fasani

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just a heads up, my weekend call schedule for work shifted and I’m on call now for March 13th. So I cannot lead this trip, however the map locations are listed along with times. I don’t see why everyone couldn’t still easily meet up and head up to the MET. As far as communication we will use HAM 146.460 and travel as a convoy for those who want to meet up at the McDonald’s in Pleasanton CA. Otherwise the next meet up in Pollock Pines is the second location to rally at.

I am bummed I won’t make this one!

• Sad
Reactions: redquatquat

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Hey guys. My name is Tony and I’m going to head the drive up the MET since Dave got called in for rocket surgery.

I will meet you guys in the Safeway parking lot in Pollock Pines. I’ll be there around 9am and will be in a white Tacoma all overlandered out. Lol. I’ll be monitoring 146.460 and I hope to see you all up there!

Looks like it’ll be snowing all week so be prepared to have a great time or a miserable time and everything in between. Lol.

4x4 is required, and good all terrain/snow rated tires will work the best up there. See you guys then!

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Just a heads up, my weekend call schedule for work shifted and I’m on call now for March 13th. So I cannot lead this trip, however the map locations are listed along with times.

I am bummed I won’t make this one!
Bummed you won’t be able to make it too! Hope to see you at the next one...

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey guys. My name is Tony and I’m going to head the drive up the MET since Dave got called in for rocket surgery.

I will meet you guys in the Safeway parking lot in Pollock Pines. I’ll be there around 9am and will be in a white Tacoma all overlandered out. Lol. I’ll be monitoring 146.460 and I hope to see you all up there!

Looks like it’ll be snowing all week so be prepared to have a great time or a miserable time and everything in between. Lol.

4x4 is required, and good all terrain/snow rated tires will work the best up there. See you guys then!
Tony will take good care of you because he’s got GUMPTION

Good boots, bubba rope, traction boards, he LOVES getting people unstuck! Haha

Have fun!