CaptSourPatch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Miller
I have patches that run the gammut of types. Websites, funny, dorky, work, just cause I liked it, etc. etc. Just recently found out that people like to put them on the headliners, so when I got the Rubicon I was pleased to see that the previous owner had invested in the liner kit!
Here is the majority of my collection, though now I’ll be investing a little more into it.

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

I'm new to this thread (and the community) and I'm looking to start my collection. Among other things, I want to collect patches for the National Parks and Forests I visit. Does anyone know if there is an "official" vendor for these? I've found lots of random sites and Etsy vendors that sell them, but I'd prefer to get them from a source that has the blessing of the NPS/NFS, ideally where some of the proceeds go to those services.

Thanks!
Kris

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I'm new to this thread (and the community) and I'm looking to start my collection. Among other things, I want to collect patches for the National Parks and Forests I visit. Does anyone know if there is an "official" vendor for these? I've found lots of random sites and Etsy vendors that sell them, but I'd prefer to get them from a source that has the blessing of the NPS/NFS, ideally where some of the proceeds go to those services.

Thanks!
Kris
I have found no evidence that any official site sells these. I get mine off eBay. They come from overseas, probably from the same vendor that makes them for the USFS - they are uniform patches, not morale patches.

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

Thanks!
Kris
I have found no evidence that any official site sells these. I get mine off eBay. They come from overseas, probably from the same vendor that makes them for the USFS - they are uniform patches, not morale patches.
Ok, thanks. Now I get to reveal my ignorance: what’s the difference between a uniform patch and a morale patch?

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Ok, thanks. Now I get to reveal my ignorance: what’s the difference between a uniform patch and a morale patch?
Ya got me! Folks put “morale” patches on their headliner, bags, etc. The USFS makes patches for their employee uniforms, they don’t make morale patches. These are functional patches. But, is there really a difference? In my mind, a patch is a patch. The National Parks make morale patches, some very colorful, but not meant for uniforms.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Thanks!
Kris
I'll literally drive my wife nuts looking for a patch if we're in a new place. If I've exhausted all resources etsy it is. Sucks, but such is life.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Some of these collections are straight up comical.

I think the collections that are the best are either:

a. State/National Parks and other locations you've actually been to

b. Patches you've earned in some way that dont involve visiting a truck stop or Amazon
Were you a PJ? I have a lot of respect for them! Thank You for your Service!!!!

CMac

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ashburn, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
McIntyre
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UNO
Service Branch
USN
Here’s what the inside of my ride is like today. i collect morale patches and have them e v e r y w h e r e….

They say pretty much everything about me…I don’t even need to open my mouth.

Attachments

Chris.Ingram

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ingram
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Air Force
I wish I could. They just don’t stick to Ford headliner
Yeah but I’d want a less permanent solution. That’s the problem. I’ve looked into replacing the headliner for this exact purpose but I’m not sure I’ll go through with that either.
Thats true. I drive a ford. But contact cement does stick and you can glue a patch of velcro up there for them.

Reactions: Apoclapedia

Apoclapedia

Rank IV

Advocate I

Moha, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I wish I could. They just don’t stick to Ford headliner
Yeah but I’d want a less permanent solution. That’s the problem. I’ve looked into replacing the headliner for this exact purpose but I’m not sure I’ll go through with that either.
Thats true. I drive a ford. But contact cement does stick and you can glue a patch of velcro up there for them.
What about making a velcro sock, thats velcro on the front and elastic on the back. Cut out for vanity mirrors, and then slip them over the sun visors?

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Here’s what the inside of my ride is like today. i collect morale patches and have them e v e r y w h e r e….

They say pretty much everything about me…I don’t even need to open my mouth.
Great collection! I’m gonna have to track down that Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying patch.

Last edited:
  • Haha