Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Not saying I dont partake in some of these things, but it always makes me giggle that many "bushcrafty" or "overlandy" hobbies are similar to one's that 10 yr old girls have. Paracord bracelets, patch collecting.... funny.

Brick Sprickly

Rank III

Advocate II

Not saying I dont partake in some of these things, but it always makes me giggle that many "bushcrafty" or "overlandy" hobbies are similar to one's that 10 yr old girls have. Paracord bracelets, patch collecting.... funny.
Dude totally.

It's mostly just emulation of military culture without actually having to partake. I mean, they're called 'morale' patches because they were initially made as joke patches for fun, to raise morale in the field or 'out in the shit' somewhere. Hell, I collect patches, but the overwhelming majority are ones from units I was in and/or worked alongside, traded with soldiers from foreign nations, or bought along the way.

Btw paracord 'survival' bracelets are the funniest things because they're 100% useless for survival.

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

What are you using to put them on? Some of my patches are not iron on types.
Alot of gear I've had to buy a hook and loop "field". Basically a square or triangular patch of the soft side of velcro in whatever size you need. Then you have to see them on. Fabric stores like Joanne's sell them or on Ebay.