Morale Patch Collecting

• HTML tutorial

tinyOVERLANDER

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

What a great use for patches. From the pictures I am assuming that the backside is completely covered in Velcro. I'm wondering if self-adhesive Velcro is being used and if not, what is the adhesive of choice? Just wondering because I have many to do and I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

What a great use for patches. From the pictures I am assuming that the backside is completely covered in Velcro. I'm wondering if self-adhesive Velcro is being used and if not, what is the adhesive of choice? Just wondering because I have many to do and I don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Most patches I buy have the Velcro sewn in.
Some others I have had to apply the self adhesive Velcro to the backs of the patches.

Reactions: tinyOVERLANDER

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I use the Scotch/3M brand velcro strips. I found it to be better than the Velcro brand strips.

Sent from my G3313 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: tinyOVERLANDER

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

This is all I've got at the moment, besides my OB member number patch. I'm saving that for a jacket or something. I have a lot of iron-on and sew-on patches that I've had since I was a kid that I've been thinking about sewing velcro onto. Some of my Dad's Air Force patches, patches from places I went to as a kid (usually bought in gift shops and such), things like that.

20170618_075253.jpg

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Put a Sonoran Steel patch out in the rig today.
Have around 55 patches now, hard to fit into one picture with the lens on my Canon Rebel T5i, shot this video with my HTC One phone.

Lotta $$$ tied up into these things, figure around $5 to $10 and higher for each patch.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

Just received my East & South East patches, and now awaiting my next one from Hippy Trails Overland. I can see why it's so addicting to collect patches lol

Sent from my KFARWI using OB Talk mobile app