US Rocky Mountain Monthly Meetup - Meet and greet - Rigs. Food, Drinks, and Conversation!

• HTML tutorial

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Beginning our monthly meetups for the Southern Utah area for OB forum participants and Members. Come and check out some rigs, talk Overlanding, exploration, and trail riding.

I'll be there from 6-8pm and hope to see you there, come meet your Member Rep and other members, talk gear, rigs and routes.

We'd like to start doing some trail runs, camp outs.. etc together and would love your input and suggestions.

Outfit and Explore! Adventure is Necessary!

View Rally Point
Reactions: Jimmer

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Bummer it's not next week when I'm home . Stoke your putting something together. Hope to catch you guys on the next one

Reactions: Cendee

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I am a definite maybe - likely will be there - just depends on if there are last minute things that come up. This is a great place for a meetup and figure out next steps! Thanks for planning it!

lacofdfireman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I should be able to make this. I work in Los Angeles but will be coming home on the 14th so I think I can pull it off. Anyone know of a local place in St. George that I can buy Coax cable? I need to get my CB hooked up. I also need to figure out how many feet of coax I need for an Unlimited Jeep JK. Antenna is mounted on my rear swing out tire carrier. Anyone know?

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I should be able to make this. I work in Los Angeles but will be coming home on the 14th so I think I can pull it off. Anyone know of a local place in St. George that I can buy Coax cable? I need to get my CB hooked up. I also need to figure out how many feet of coax I need for an Unlimited Jeep JK. Antenna is mounted on my rear swing out tire carrier. Anyone know?
There is a pilot truck stop in Saint George that has coax. Always use 18ft

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I am a definite maybe - likely will be there - just depends on if there are last minute things that come up. This is a great place for a meetup and figure out next steps! Thanks for planning it!
you don't want to use standard COAX for CB, you need to use a 50ohm cable, RG58 is the most common. You can purchase a 95% shielded RG58 cable on amazon for pretty cheap, works great for my usage.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

you don't want to use standard COAX for CB, you need to use a 50ohm cable, RG58 is the most common. You can purchase a 95% shielded RG58 cable on amazon for pretty cheap, works great for my usage.
That's true,but if you buy cable from a truck stop you can only get the right stuff. [emoji16]

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Just a reminder about the Meetup tonight! I'll be there @ 6, probably hang out till 7:30 or so, I've got some last minute things I need to accomplish before heading out to Expo tomorrow afternoon! Hope to see you all there with your rigs!

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

@A-Aron thanks for putting together the meet last night - was great to meet some new faces and see some cool rigs! Looking forward to many more and lots of miles to travel!! Those lucky ones heading to the Expo - travel safe and have a blast!!

Reactions: A-Aron

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Just a late bump to say hey and Im here now! Thanks @NetDep and @A-Aron. Looking forward to the next one!
Hey hey! Welcome! Glad you found us! Let me know if you need any help navigating around the site

Reactions: Cuffs

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
We should do a fall meetup!
Welcome to the crew! We will have an "official" meetup second tuesday of the month in Hurricane at 6pm, watch the rally points for details.. but I'm in Cedar/Enoch and would love to get together sometime. Let me know if I can help you with anything or have any questions getting around here on OB.. I'm excited to have another local part of the crew!