Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
The last couple of meet-ups folks want to go somewhere. Let's plan this. I don't want to exclude folks that don't have a full off-roader either. But if everyone shows up with something like that, then we can change our itinerary. Or maybe have a couple of routes for folks to take and regroup if there's a mix of experience and vehicle capabilities. I have a couple of ideas where that could work.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

I would be interested in going. I’m from the east bay and want to check out places. I have a friend in my Lady owned Toyotas group who may be interested. It’s a chance to introduce her to OB.

Reactions: Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I would be interested in going. I’m from the east bay and want to check out places. I have a friend in my Lady owned Toyotas group who may be interested. It’s a chance to introduce her to OB.
Come on up! I'm hoping we get a decent turn out. We'll determine the route based on who shows and their comfort level and capabilities.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I’ll be coming from Rocklin near Sac. Any ideas where to join up enroute?
That’s going to be hard to say since it will depend on who shows up. Unless we can decide in this thread.

I just drove out to Lake Pillsbury and there was quite a bit of snow.

So I’m thinking possibly doing a loop out Walker Ridge and Bartlett Springs Road. Maybe explore a spur off those if there’s interest.

Attachments

Sfengineer

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Thome
Sounds like the start to a great adventure! I'm from the east bay, and just starting out in this community after a group of us got stuck in tahoe a few weeks ago and they all got locked down by their wives...

I'd definitely be interested in joining depending on the itinerary. I have decent experience, but a very basic rig for the time being. Any more thoughts of a few potential destinations? Hoping to meet all of you soon!

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Right now, I'm leaning heavily on Bartlett Springs Rd to Walker Ridge. Bartlett Springs is fairly tame for any vehicle. In summer it's doable in most 2wd vehicles. Walker Ridge is nice too and not technical. There may, or may not be light snow on the ground on Walker Ridge, though it's been dry for the last couple of weeks. my cell is listed on the Rally Pt. if you want to send me a text.

@Two Sheds @Sfengineer @Fireskyte If it's too out of the way to come to Santa Rosa and want to meet up en-route, we can meet and gas up at Pomo Pumps in Upper Lake at 11-ish. It's the least expensive gas in the area that I know of, and we can even decide alternatives since it's only 10 minutes from Bartlett Springs Rd or other roads/trails in Snow Mountain.

Last edited:

Sfengineer

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Thome
Hey Speric and team. This trip looks awesome, and I'd love to join...but I unfortunately need to sit this one out. Covid outbreak at my kid's school, and as much as I don't want to look like a flake, I'd feel even worse if I actually had something and passed it along. Have a great trip, and definitely count me in for the next one!

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Right now, I'm leaning heavily on Bartlett Springs Rd to Walker Ridge. Bartlett Springs is fairly tame for any vehicle. In summer it's doable in most 2wd vehicles. Walker Ridge is nice too and not technical. There may, or may not be light snow on the ground on Walker Ridge, though it's been dry for the last couple of weeks. my cell is listed on the Rally Pt. if you want to send me a text.

@Two Sheds @Sfengineer @Fireskyte If it's too out of the way to come to Santa Rosa and want to meet up en-route, we can meet and gas up at Pomo Pumps in Upper Lake at 11-ish. It's the least expensive gas in the area that I know of, and we can even decide alternatives since it's only 10 minutes from Bartlett Springs Rd or other roads/trails in Snow Mountain.
The logistics of that meet location is around a 2.5 hour drive it takes me about 90 min to college in Santa Rosa. Not sure I want to meet at upper lake at 9am the folks coming are from Roseville so that some hard miles in.

Dirty_Trail_Clean_Mind

Rank III

Contributor III

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Yaya
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Looks like I’ll be putting in some miles tomorrow! I’m coming from Folsom. By the sound of where you’re thinking of going, I’m sure I can do it. I’ve got a stock TRD Pro 4Runner. I’m newer to this world, got my rig in August. I’ve done a few trails so far (Bowman Lake, Emigrant Gap, Wentworth Springs/Ice House (last weekend), Forrest Hill and a couple other small ones. Just giving you all an idea of my skills since I’m new here.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

I will be at the What I believe is the address here at 11:00 My fastest route is up 101 to Ukiah and then head east towards upper lake. I’ll have radio on and double check messages before leaving San Leandro. Drive time 2.25 hours

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

The logistics of that meet location is around a 2.5 hour drive it takes me about 90 min to college in Santa Rosa. Not sure I want to meet at upper lake at 9am the folks coming are from Roseville so that some hard miles in.
The local meet is 9 at Costco in Santa Rosa. So if you’re close to there at that time you can meet us there.

I put 11 at Pomo pumps since it will take about 1.5 or so to get to that point and got folks coming from the valley.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Looks like I’ll be putting in some miles tomorrow! I’m coming from Folsom. By the sound of where you’re thinking of going, I’m sure I can do it. I’ve got a stock TRD Pro 4Runner. I’m newer to this world, got my rig in August. I’ve done a few trails so far (Bowman Lake, Emigrant Gap, Wentworth Springs/Ice House (last weekend), Forrest Hill and a couple other small ones. Just giving you all an idea of my skills since I’m new here.
You’ll be fine in what you have. No problem. See you at the pumps.

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

My gosh guys I won’t meet you I’m turning around to head home my roommates car won’t start and she has a medical appointment. I’m so sorry

Dirty_Trail_Clean_Mind

Rank III

Contributor III

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Yaya
Last Name
Smith
Member #

You’ll be fine in what you have. No problem. See you at the pumps.
I’ll be at the meeting place off CA-20 @ 11…see you there, on the road now.

Reactions: Speric

Fireskyte

Rank V

Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Sorry I can’t make it I’m back in San Leandro Dirt_Trail is on the way with no comms. You all be safe and have a great day on trail.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
My gosh guys I won’t meet you I’m turning around to head home my roommates car won’t start and she has a medical appointment. I’m so sorry
Sorry to hear, but no worries, we’ll have more of these.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I’m here at the pump station off CA-20, I’m a lonely little lunar rock 4runner. I don’t know what you all drive…so don’t leave me. Lol
Thanks for coming out. It was quite the adventure. I’ve already ordered a chainsaw for next time.

Attachments