Investor

Member III

Foresthill, CA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

I just found this awesome truck toolbox in multiple sizes that would fit behind many pickup seats adn thoguht I would share. The one drawback compared to the roll up tool kit options would be noise on the trail but it does make good use of what otherwise be wasted or unoptimized space and the lid apparently keeps the tools in place when closed.

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Pack it full of shop rags and now you have tools, rags to wipe your hands off with and nothing will rattle.

Reactions: MEB77

Ditcherman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sheridan, IN, USA
Member #

I’ve had three of these, all different sizes, and none would ever even begin to fit behind a seat of my trucks (02 f350 crew and 07 Tundra crew), you might want to see them in person to double check. Rural Kings stock them around me. If your interested in them at least go to montezumas site, there are tons of different models, the one I just retired one when I got my Tundra (box too big), held full sets metric and standard wrenches, sockets long and short 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, with room to spare.
I decided to build one out of aluminum because I knew exactly what I wanted (smaller) and needed the tig practice.
As for noise, it is very noisy, but I have helped it some with what I call bin caulk. It’s a high density foam about 1 1/2” wide 1/4” thick that’s one side peel and stick. It’s used to seal the panels of grain bins as you’re building them. Stick it where the hanging wrenches hit, the only noise will be the sockets and wrenches hitting themselves.
They are wonderful with a crew/group setting because you can tell exactly when something is missing. I actually take mine out when I go camping/overlanding because of the space and weight.

Birdman

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Foresthill, CA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Nice job on the custom box. Thanks for sharing you work and ideas. I'll be taking a welding class this semester at the local JC and looking for class project ideas. This would make a great project for the TIG portion assuming the class gives me that flexibility.

Reactions: Ditcherman