Rank III

Enthusiast II

Layton, Utah
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Sorry for the short notice, we are leaving Saturday July 25th for a 9 day trip to Montana. We are leaving Northern Utah Saturday heading to Jackson hole WY, then to Spring Hill campground, MT.
We have a very capable Excursion with a Xpedition Trailer. We a looking to explore, Fishing, Hiking and Enjoy. With that being said where to go what to see and what to stay away from. We have 4 boys ages 8 and 11, so it must be kids friendly . Thanks

jarbarn

Rank III

Contributor III

Missoula, MT
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Make a side trip through the Pioneer Mountains Scenic Byway from Polaris to Wise River MT. Bannack State Park should capture the imagination of any 8 - 12 year old. Coolidge ghost town. Crystal Park. Great camping on this stretch. There’s a dirt cut across from Melrose to Wise River that passes old charcoal kilns... very cool.

jarbarn

Rank III

Contributor III

Missoula, MT
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Whats the road like from Polaris to Coolidge and then wise river? I was also looking at going from wise river to road 569 to Anaconda.
Polaris to Wise River (73) is paved. 73 to Coolidge is gravel. As i recall, 569 is paved but rough. Are you looking for some dirt?

Last edited:

EXCURSIONdad3232

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Layton, Utah
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Polaris to Coolidge (73) is paved. 73 to Coolidge is gravel. As i recall, 569 is paved but rough. Are you looking for some dirt?
Polaris to Coolidge (73) is paved. 73 to Coolidge is gravel. As i recall, 569 is paved but rough. Are you looking for some dirt?
Yes and no, its more about time. Miles of crappy dirt road with kids is HELL. lol