Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
“Abandoned towns are a blast to explore, especially in a state with as much history as Montana. And even though our state is so large, you can hit quite a few of them in a day (or a weekend, which is probably preferable). This road trip through Montana ghost towns will have you leaving from and returning to the Missoula area, stopping at six ghost towns and a potentially haunted mansion along the way.”

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/montana/road-trip-mt/

View Rally Point

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Hello all! Is this trip dog friendly?
Dogs are definitely invited! I know they do not allow pets on the grounds of the Daly Mansion, so they will need to stay in the vehicles there. I believe they are allowed in the ghost towns on leash if they are well behaved and picked up after. My reservation at Elkhorn Hotsprings cabin specifically includes a pet fee. I will do some more research, but I don't think there is a problem bringing dogs.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
This is a very cool run, through a scenic region. This was %75 of our 8th grade history trip. Yes, that was back in ‘84, and I still remember it....Thats the impression It left on me...
I may provide the opportunity for me to crash this for a minute and meet cool people, as I will be passing through this area in this time frame, from Dallas to Kalispell to MX
Hope to cross paths....

Reactions: Mike Dubya

ArchaeoWolf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

This sounds fun, especially considering I’m the interpretive archaeologist at Garnet ghost town. I won’t be able to make this run sadly: work and I’m doing a talk at RecCon in Missoula that same weekend. But I’m interested, so keep me in the loop!

Honeymooners

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kalispell, Montana, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Reese
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Honeymooners
Would be interested in where you plan on going. I am already taking up to 25 vics on a 7 day overlanding trek across Montana starting the 18th in Darby. Doing ghost towns and old miners routes through the mountains to eastern Montana

WU7X

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Avery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WU7X
This is going to be an incredible trip! I have been to almost every site you will be hitting and wish I could go back with you guys. Nanc and I already have signed up for a fly fishing trip that weekend with the Spokane Fly Fishers on Kelly Creek. So we're already booked.

Have fun and maybe we can join you for an adventure further down the trail.

Dale

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

I'm looking into this, i will be going to the big sky rally on the 26th. Are you headed back to Idaho after the ghost town trip? If i was able to go i probably would head up to Bonner's ferry for a few days then back down for the rally. Planning on running up Roman nose just outside of bonners ferry and camping up by the lakes and hitting some trails back up in the hills.

Tacos

Rank I

Contributor III

Pretty Good, UT
First Name
Tacos
Last Name
Forall
I just signed up. IT will be me and my 9 YO daughter. We were looking for backcountry routes to explore in MT, so might as well come along since we will be in the area. Hope you don't mind someone from Utah! Thanks to all.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
I just signed up. IT will be me and my 9 YO daughter. We were looking for backcountry routes to explore in MT, so might as well come along since we will be in the area. Hope you don't mind someone from Utah! Thanks to all.
It will be great to have you along! My 8 year old son and my 3 year old daughter will be there too. I was born and raised in Montana, I would be happy to share some good spots to explore!