Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I’m leaving for a trip this sat the 27th the first destination is the badlands or black hills area and the second spot is going to be glacier, I was wondering if anyone knows of some good spots in or around glacier and if they have opened anything up. Any info would be a great help or I will do what I always do and wing it. Thanks for the help!

Heathen

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Layton, UT
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Peal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7LSF
I’m leaving for a trip this sat the 27th the first destination is the badlands or black hills area and the second spot is going to be glacier, I was wondering if anyone knows of some good spots in or around glacier and if they have opened anything up. Any info would be a great help or I will do what I always do and wing it. Thanks for the help!
We're headed to the same destination leaving Saturday as well, going through West Yellowstone along the way- arriving in Glacier on the 1st. We're planning on taking advantage of dispersed camping around Hungry Horse Reservoir in the Flathead national forest. Currently there are no fire restrictions or fees, but bears are always a concern. There's dispersed camping on both sides of the reservoir and you can download the Avenza maps app and search for the Flathead NF MVUM Hungry Horse Ranger District map.

We love Avenza, open it while you still have cell signal and it will track you on the map even after you're off grid- just don't close the app, and all the forest service maps are free!

Have a great time and stay safe!

-Heathen

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim nash

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

We're headed to the same destination leaving Saturday as well, going through West Yellowstone along the way- arriving in Glacier on the 1st. We're planning on taking advantage of dispersed camping around Hungry Horse Reservoir in the Flathead national forest. Currently there are no fire restrictions or fees, but bears are always a concern. There's dispersed camping on both sides of the reservoir and you can download the Avenza maps app and search for the Flathead NF MVUM Hungry Horse Ranger District map.

We love Avenza, open it while you still have cell signal and it will track you on the map even after you're off grid- just don't close the app, and all the forest service maps are free!

Have a great time and stay safe!

-Heathen
Right on I was checking out the flathead area on Gaia which I download sections of it on my iPad. Was planning on bringing some fire crackers to make noise if needed as well as other methods of bear protection, we will be in the topper of the truck instead of tent but still cautious of the bears, but I will check all that out