Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
First field repair of trip, all the good chairs are in the trailer at home. Good thing the wife didn't come. She is after me to lose weight. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Zargon

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Hangin at 2nd meet point. The weather is great, no wind here temp is 78.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Zargon

DoogieF18

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallon, NV
Member #

Ok, I'll say it for those who haven't (yet). A few of us who couldn't make the trip really want to live vicariously. I ran the Mojave road a few years ago (epic trip) and know cell coverage can be spotty... but if you get a signal we'd love to know how it is going... with pictures, of course.

Hope all are enjoying the trip. It is definitely a bucket list experience... not hard (as in technical) so much as such history and so much to see.

Here is a teaser from my last run, before the original route to Fort Piute was closed... complete yard sale in the trailer galley by the time we made it over the pass.

Yard Sale.JPG

Everything is usually tucked neatly into the cubbies.. and this doesn't show how much stuff wound up in the sleeping area.

Reactions: Zargon and Sean S

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Wow! What a great trip!
Got home all right despite losing my Power Steering assist on Thursday due to a big rock. Then my under engine plastic splash guard got taken out at the water crossing. Next time I will have a lift, All Terrain tires, and skid plates.
Had lots of fun ferrying Baz around so he could take pictures, and boy did he ever. He most have taking several thousand. Can't wait to see the OB Video in a few weeks.

Thanks again to Dan Rich for putting this together, and for all those that helped make it great. And to Michael and Corrie, you're the best.