Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Here is the Google Photos folder again for folks who want to upload images.
https://goo.gl/photos/V4nxCQdoBjz6yVfb7
First of all, thanks to everyone who has added photos - the last time I checked, I think it was over 300!!!

I have a minor favor to ask for folks uploading: Please try to be selective (a bit) and especially try to avoid multiple shots that are very similar. With so many images, I don't want the folder growing so big that it's hard for folks to view!

In this light, I've kicked out a few images where we had dupes, and did the same edit on my own uploads. If you notice I've kicked an image you really wanted in there let me know and we'll figure it out.

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Hey @Tom K thanks again for making the google drive thing, I've spent the last 15 minutes starring at all the pics from everyone else. We are about to upload ours, Marcia took a couple of hundred and so did I.

It was great meeting everyone, we had such a great time. The drive back home was definitely not as fun but equally rewarding after such a great weekend.

Note: I told a lot of people that I would follow their instagrams so i could tag them on pictures and what not, I am Pablo btw, the magnetic gray tacoma with the lights. Just hit me up on instagram and i will follow you back, its www.instagram.com/hound_trd

DaveL

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lowrance
Member #

I'm about to get the grinder out to finish the job!

You wouldn't happen to have been recording or taking pictures of me in front of you going down the drop off would you?

Matt
@TacoZim I uploaded a video with a lot of rigs going down the dropoff. I missed the first few but got most I think. Check to see if I got you.
Dave (Four Wheel Camper)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Zargon and Narbob

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

For those that did the water crossing, did anyone end up getting water inside the cab through the firewalls or seals? Not sure if my rig would have sprung a leak somewhere under the seat or not. I was one of the few that had to bug out early.

Matt
You would have been fine.

Reactions: TacoZim

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

I uploaded a video with a lot of rigs going down the dropoff. I missed the first few but got most I think. Check to see if I got you.
Dave (Four Wheel Camper)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Where did you download them? Your IG account? BTW it was a pleasure watching you drive.
--Mark

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Wow! What a great trip!
Got home all right despite losing my Power Steering assist on Thursday due to a big rock. Then my under engine plastic splash guard got taken out at the water crossing. Next time I will have a lift, All Terrain tires, and skid plates.
Had lots of fun ferrying Baz around so he could take pictures, and boy did he ever. He most have taking several thousand. Can't wait to see the OB Video in a few weeks.

Thanks again to Dan Rich for putting this together, and for all those that helped make it great. And to Michael and Corrie, you're the best.
Fixed the power steering. That rock broke 6 wires going to the steering unit. See the photos.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Fixed the power steering. That rock broke 6 wires going to the steering unit. See the photos.
Wow! What a great trip!
Got home all right despite losing my Power Steering assist on Thursday due to a big rock. Then my under engine plastic splash guard got taken out at the water crossing. Next time I will have a lift, All Terrain tires, and skid plates.
Had lots of fun ferrying Baz around so he could take pictures, and boy did he ever. He most have taking several thousand. Can't wait to see the OB Video in a few weeks.

Thanks again to Dan Rich for putting this together, and for all those that helped make it great. And to Michael and Corrie, you're the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
I have to say, for my first time out with OB it couldn't have been any better. Great weather, great scenery, and absolutely the greatest people! Thanks Dan for putting it all together. Thank you everyone for making this newbie feel at home. A special thank you to Michael and Corrie for starting something that is bringing people together to share a common passion. The friendly, unselfish mindset of everyone I met on this trip started with you two. Bob, thank you for letting me help out. Again, thank you to everyone for making great memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I have to say, for my first time out with OB it couldn't have been any better. Great weather, great scenery, and absolutely the greatest people! Thanks Dan for putting it all together. Thank you everyone for making this newbie feel at home. A special thank you to Michael and Corrie for starting something that is bringing people together to share a common passion. The friendly, unselfish mindset of everyone I met on this trip started with you two. Bob, thank you for letting me help out. Again, thank you to everyone for making great memories that will last a lifetime.

Many great adventures to come! Thank you for joining us!

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Well....that would explain the click click click on the whoops. The bright side is now that the pesky metal is out of the way, the clicking should go away :). Or grind it out a little further to clearance the steering box and hit it with some paint. Plus new bump stops.

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

I'm about to get the grinder out to finish the job!

You wouldn't happen to have been recording or taking pictures of me in front of you going down the drop off would you?

Matt
I miss read your post the first time. Yes we do have video of your whole decent. I'll upload it tonight once Rachelle sends it to me

Reactions: TacoZim