Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

@Tom K @aaa247 @CC_FJ I added you to the appropriate list.

As for the "tentative" list, this is essentially becoming the wait list, we're shooting for a max of 40 trucks to provide the illusion of manageable size :sweatsmile: .

At T-1month, I'm going to make a call to get folks committed, we'll see who can be ready to put their iron in the fire so-to-speak.

Man, am I getting stoked for this trip! Here's hoping the 'rainy season' is over before then! :flushed:
As we have discussed via pm I am completely down with being a tail gunner for one of the groups. I can't wait to hear more and let me know if I can help any more.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@Ryan Matthes , You're on the waitlist, that just means you'll be on the list to deposit when the time comes (soon!), not sure how quick the max of 40 will be met. If you haven't already, take the survey.

@Scott , you're definitely on the list to do Tail-gunner duty, thanks for your support.

I've been under-water at work lately, I'm getting organized to put out an additional bulletin and getting ready to take some deposits but I'm not quite there yet.

A little more than a month out, weather is looking... unusual? ...dare I say abnormal? We're going rain or shine, cold or warm!
It's gonna be a great trip.

Dan.

Reactions: Zargon

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

@Ryan Matthes , You're on the waitlist, that just means you'll be on the list to deposit when the time comes (soon!), not sure how quick the max of 40 will be met. If you haven't already, take the survey.

@Scott , you're definitely on the list to do Tail-gunner duty, thanks for your support.

I've been under-water at work lately, I'm getting organized to put out an additional bulletin and getting ready to take some deposits but I'm not quite there yet.

A little more than a month out, weather is looking... unusual? ...dare I say abnormal? We're going rain or shine, cold or warm!
It's gonna be a great trip.

Dan.
Do we have an idea of cost per participant for the trip?

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Do we have an idea of cost per participant for the trip?
CHEAP! So cheap it won't matter! ...but it will probably commit people!

Never mind - found it in the string

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Sorry, I meant to make that a link to the survey. See what I mean about work! I can't even brain anymore!

Dan.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

CHEAP! So cheap it won't matter! ...but it will probably commit people!

Sorry, I meant to make that a link to the survey. See what I mean about work! I can't even brain anymore!

Dan.
Personally I'm not worried about the cost too much. This is a bucket list trip of mine. I already have my room at the avi booked for Thursday night. Even if I had to pay $100 or more for the pleasure of crossing this off my bucket list it would be worth it.

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
If anyone else is thinking about either photographing or video recording the trip heavily PM me so we can coordinate a bit. I'm hoping to shoot some easy video (cell phone on stabilizer, maybe mic), stills (especially night / star) and a bit of drone footage of key crossing and landscapes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

If anyone else is thinking about either photographing or video recording the trip heavily PM me so we can coordinate a bit. I'm hoping to shoot some easy video (cell phone on stabilizer, maybe mic), stills (especially night / star) and a bit of drone footage of key crossing and landscapes.

We'll have a GoPro or two plus our iPhones.

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

That would be awesome! I usually must my phone to the windshield and record my trips. Makes for a cool time lapse!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

While I don't have a large amount of gear, Ill happily help out if there is any way I can do so (Running ahead and what not)

Reactions: Tom K

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
With the rain we've gotten this year, I think the lake will still be impassable but we'll assess that at the time. It can be bypassed and pick the trail back up but it is a bit of a detour up to the I-15 and back.
The last water crossing near Afton canyon has been discussed here, the issue is not really weight but depth and the vehicles fording ability.
Diff breathers are a good idea if you are concerned about ingesting water but most vehicles make it through alright.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using OB Talk mobile app

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

So I've been thinking.. And if there is enough nterest.. I am a patch collector and was thinking about having a run of 50 patches made for this event. I have connections to make the patch but I need ideas on artwork. Is anyone else interested in a 1 off Mojave patch for this trip?

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Any room on the trip for one more vehicle?

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
So I've been thinking.. And if there is enough nterest.. I am a patch collector and was thinking about having a run of 50 patches made for this event. I have connections to make the patch but I need ideas on artwork. Is anyone else interested in a 1 off Mojave patch for this trip?

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
I'm in to help and can draw up an Illustrator file as long as we agree on a theme.