Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Last edited by a moderator:

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I've never seen nor heard of a radiator grenading like that before. Unreal, dude. Can't wait to see how it all turned out.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Great video, was unbelievable that you were taping at the time of the grenaded radiator Have only seen this happening in offroad race trucks, quite a shock.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Great Video! Can't wait to see the next episode.
Just one comment; Bullhead City, being on the other side of the Colorado River across from Laughlin Nevada, is in Arizona, not Nevada.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I have had a radiator explode on my Duramax going 70 mph on the highway. Pretty fun stuff after you clean your shorts from the sudden sound and heavy spray of water/antifreeze coming from every opening around the hood.

Looking forward to the 2nd video.

MandAtaco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Only time I've ever seen one blow like that, was when my buddy put the side specific head gaskets on the wrong side of the enigne, over pressurized the system!

Wife and I watched the video last night, really enjoyed it! I think the thing that impressed me most, was that you guys actually had a video camera running when the radiator blew, that never happens! I can video for 2 hours straight, shut the camera down and something exciting will happen, never fails.

Can't wait for part 2!

Trailguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Colinas
Member #

I have never seen a plastic tanked radiator explode like that! I have had two plastic tank radiators fail but they start out as a small leak. I would HIGHLY recommend any plastic tank radiator be replaced after about 10 years of use if properly maintained to avoid failure.