Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
What direction you traveling? I have not heard any trail info lately and I do not think there has been much weather so I wouldn't worry too much about that. When I did it in the Spring the lava tubes were closed but everything else was open.

BCJohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
Member #

What direction you traveling? I have not heard any trail info lately and I do not think there has been much weather so I wouldn't worry too much about that. When I did it in the Spring the lava tubes were closed but everything else was open.
We’re going East to west. Thanks for the info

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm considering doing the same trip around the same time. Do you think there are any concerns in regards to the current "Stay at Home order"?
The Mojave Preserve is open for travel and dispersed camping.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Fairbro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlingame, CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW6WJF
We ran part of Mojave Road over Thanksgiving. The sections we did were all in good condition, although the Drop Dead V-notch was more like dirt moguls than we have experienced in the past. You can get a feel for the road conditions in this video.

Jim McEver

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Livingston, Texas, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
McEver
Member #

Did the section from Lanfair to Resor Rd late last week. Everything was good, but did hit a couple of patches of blow sand near the lake. Watson Wash looked pretty gnarly, esp in a big rig like ours (Sprinter 3500), so we opted to bypass that.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

I'm considering doing the same trip around the same time. Do you think there are any concerns in regards to the current "Stay at Home order"?
If you don't have a secondary or extended range tank, bring fuel or plan on the Kelbaker cutout to refuel in Baker. There's no saying whether or not the little stations along the 15 near the end are open and you might find yourself doing the 40 miles into Barstow. There's a lot of places to explore and it's easy to find yourself low.

Reactions: DevilDodge

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

Headed to do Mojave Road. Traveling from the Bay Area to the eastern end on the 27th. Starting the trail on the 28th. Love to have others join. And - if you have any current info, please share.
Hi John,

I'll be with a small group. 2 white Rubicon's one Burnt Orange early bronco and I'll be in my biege CJ7 pulling a trailer. We're planning on starting from the Eastern end on the 28th as well. If you see, please say hi!!

Hope to see you out there!

Marty